SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 11:48:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am going to say it, if nobody else will. Watch what you post!!!  (Read 11208 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 07:25:54 am »

Okay... The PM'ing is fine but you guys have gotta share the finds once you have secured them.....
Its the bit I like best..

Dave
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 08:14:04 am »

I agree with you  100%, There are just some people out there who just dont care if you are looking for something, like the cup machines, and will buy them just so they can make a quick buck and resell
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 09:17:41 am »

We will still share the great finds, once secured by whoever is looking for that item. That is the fun with sharing with everyone. The "leads" are what needs to be PM to that particular person. I think Eric has a great plan. Put together a wish list and list it. For me my wish list is below. Simple:

Any Soda Cup Machine!!!!
Stoner Theather
Stoner Junior
Popperette or U-Pop-It
7up Embossed VMC 88

Thanks guys, we truly do have a special group here! It's fun to talk and meet everyone when we get the chance too! We should start an annual "get together" like at one of the shows and try to get as many members as possible there every year. Kinda like a soda machines reunion!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 10:12:27 am »

I have an idea and this may not work or may be dumb but could we make a section only for certain members? There are several members here that are considered to be trusted loyal members but they may not have 500 messages yet. Each member could apply for access to the topic and Jim or someone else determines if they are eligible. That way the trusted members even if they are not soda jerks can view the topic. Is that possible or is it too hard?
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 10:18:53 am »

Not a bad idea, let's let Jim decide? So maybe a forum for "tips or deals" and trusted members are only allowed? I guess it would be hard though to say who is in and who is out. The purpose is not to leave anyone out, but to clean up this nonsense of others out bidding someone on here who really wants something. For example if a member is looking for a popperette and gets a tip, then someone else sees it and boom beats the member out. Really not fair. This is a close group and maybe the best way to pass along deals is through PM's to each other, based off our wish lists.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 11:41:01 am »

I agree with a new forum of "wish list" if possible.  But you should only list what you really want.  Then anyone with tips will P.M. members.  The only problem with that would be when multiple members want the same item.  Do you P.M. your buddy, or the first one who listed his wish?

18 more to go.

A lot of stuff.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 12:53:30 pm »

Larry,

How about this... A forum for wish lists and if two people have the same wish, then first priority would go to the member looking the longest???

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 01:03:00 pm »

Plse excuse me if I am sticking my nose in too far here...
I think you are right Brian about being guarded about posting good finds and that
should be avioded until they are secured... PM'ing is a good idea..

When this was discussed a few years ago Jim created the special access forum and
if I ever need help guidance etc I always post there...

With regard to being completely fair to all members by having a list of who wants what
I don't think that's going to work too well.. Some members have close friends here and its enevitable that they will share their finds with them before opening it to the rest...

Everyone knows you want cup machines and I would hope that within the inner sanctum (Larry not long now) that this would be respected... Eric's Quickold too... If I found one on Ebay (I search Ebay every morning when I get up when you guys are fast asleep in your beds) I would let him know...

We also have to remember that there are people here that do this for a living too...

Just my thoughts tell me to p**s off if I've gone too far...

Dave
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 01:09:02 pm »

Dave,

I respect everyone's comments. I think you are right, we all to some degree will tip off friends, before others. I am just trying to brainstorm with others on here to communicate in a fashion to not let "guests" or those that may be in the business take away from someone on here that has really been looking long and hard for an item, such as a Quikold or something. Great example, there was a Quikold a few months ago that I am sure Eric would have wanted, but next thing you know the item got driven up on price and he lost out. Not saying it was all due to it being posted, but you just never know. Maybe there is no easy answer to this, but I just had to get it off my chest. I know others on here who have been burned by others when they were notifed of something they wanted, only to lose out on someone driving up the bid price.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 01:21:16 pm »

maybe a new comments section....

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: