SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 11:48:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Buy--RC Embossed Ideal 55  (Read 11240 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:35 am »

Hey Tim, you even got casters, that's pretty rare. I think the RC yellow is nice
too, I wonder what beverage company painted it green?
       I got this one 2 weeks ago for $20.00, had a glasco coin box "shell" but no cap
catcher or rack although the cooling system works just fine.
       This one was yellow,then painted white and now red.  laugh

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 08:29:37 pm »

MoonDawg--and I thought I got a good deal!  happydrinkers

Not sure on the repaint.  There are "O-So Good" Stickers on each end that were painted over as well.  I suspect that it was being used in a gase station or shop somewhere and somebody just painted it with some leftover paint.  Glad they did because I can't find much rust on it!

The casters need a little grease but they still roll and rotate pretty well.  I am looking forward to working on this machine.

drinking Tim drinking
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 07:42:56 am »

Hello Tim
Great find on the RC slider. I just got done buying five Ideal 55 sliders,Orange Crush, Squirt, Nesbitt's, Pepsi:Cola, Hires, and a Dr Pepper 35 slider. So I will be busy for a while.
Just so you know we (Fun-Tronics) have slider racks with the gate. The racks we have are stainless steel,and will dispense the plastic bottles as well as the glass bottles. So if you need a rack give us a call. Have fun restoring your RC slider.
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 10:16:05 am »

WOW ROD,

Let's see those sliders... very cool.. orange Crush, nesbits and a Hires all in one purchase?
wow...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 11:35:32 am »

That's what I thought. I will post pictures of them in the rough, and then maybe as I go along I will post more. The guy I bought them from started on them so some of them are tore down and some aren't. Curtis always has great graphic ideas, so I think I am going to pick his brain on some paint scemes for some of them. I want to put crushy on the Orange Crush one. If anyone has any other ideas on some paint scemes on some of them I'd love to here them, or see pictures.
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 11:50:48 am »

That's what I thought. I will post pictures of them in the rough, and then maybe as I go along I will post more. The guy I bought them from started on them so some of them are tore down and some aren't. Curtis always has great graphic ideas, so I think I am going to pick his brain on some paint scemes for some of them. I want to put crushy on the Orange Crush one. If anyone has any other ideas on some paint scemes on some of them I'd love to here them, or see pictures.
Rod
Fun-Tronics rod i have an orange crush done very nice i can send you a picture if you need jeff
Pat Pixley
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 01:23:25 pm »

Something Like this smile
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:25:26 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 01:26:47 pm »

Pat: Yours looks great, but mine is embossed. I do like how your Crushy was done.
Jeff I would also love to see a picture of yours also.
Thanks Rod

Rod
Fun-Tronics
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 02:03:31 pm »

here is a picture of mine rod
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 02:34:13 pm »

Rod,

Thanks for the info on the parts availability.

Pat and Jeff,

Thanks for the motivation to get going on mine!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: