SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 08:59:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Buy--RC Embossed Ideal 55  (Read 11239 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: March 12, 2009, 08:42:21 pm »

It has been almost one year since I picked up my first machine.  oops Last year on 3/15/08 I picked up my USS-8-64 and I have been hooked ever since!

Picked up a pretty good deal today--machine number 13 help in keeping with my one machine per month rule.  happydrinkers An RC embossed Ideal 55.  happydrinkers

This is the second non-Coke machine to cross the threshold of our home since I got into this crazy hobby.  tounge My wife's family bottled Coke for four generations so I was taking a big risk.  It is not pretty but the cabinet is straight and the interior is rust free.  It also cools--according to the seller but the deal was good whether it did or not.

Need a rack, coin mech, key for the side door and lid braces to complete it.  Will an allen wrench open that side door?  What is the trick.

The guy threw in some spare parts from another Ideal machine.  It turns out that I am now the proud owner of some very nice parts for an Ideal 85T glare if by chance anyone out there happens to be working on one.  I have a perfect top painted 7up green complete with the hinges, two of the side service panels and much of the coin mech in pieces including the coin box.  The bonus box o' parts also contained the coin return and bottle opener bezels in great shape.

Here are some photos!

drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »

And one more plus a picture of the 85T bezels.

drinking Tim drinking
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 09:13:25 pm »

Good Job !!
 May they keep coming  tounge I started with 1 Now I have 18 no 20 ?? tounge  It Never ends

leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 09:16:18 pm »

Tim looks great for $50 its going to look great restored Coca Cola Red laugh

Hey it was good talking to you today I'll send off the info when I find it on my Desk tounge and as far as those bezels look like LaCrosse to me.
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:03 pm »

That is a great deal, the bezels look like Vendolator to me, they are very similar to what I have on a Vendolator 56.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 09:51:09 pm »

Those bezels are indeed Vendorlator, They were on the early squaretop V56 and V81s and a few others.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:06:55 pm »

Tim, nice score!!!!!  drinking drinking The embossed RC is a cool machine.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

WOW, Great score ... I am in the same dilema with the NON Coke stuff.. my family (Grandfather, Father and me for a short time when I was younger) owned operated and worked a Coca-Cola Bottling plant... so even there there are several cool branded machines out there.. I don't dare put on in the collection, granted I do own a few "P" machines, but I have to tell them, (the family) they are just for resale!
Nice RC!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 10:44:43 pm »

Nice score, Tim!  Man, I wish I had the room to collect at the rate you are!  I think for starters, my wife would kill me!  I don't have the brand preference problem...she doesn't see the need for more than one of a certain brand (except DP, of course!   tounge  ).  Way to go!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 02:29:05 am »

Great find. I love the RC Machines when done in the original yellow. If I were you I would buy and empty coin mech housing and restore the machine without a rack. I think these machines are so much better without the rack. It makes it a second refrigerator. With a rack its just another bottle machine but without it you can use it for anything that needs to stay cold.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: