SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 06:07:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Coin Op Show Recap  (Read 12259 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 07:20:06 am »

Here is a link to another 90 or so pictures from the Chicagoland show. I found this link on KLOV...  http://www.tokensonly.com/2008/11/misc/chicagoland-show-fall-2008/

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 11:38:28 am »

Take heart Brian, I have seen several Spring shows that were better than the previous fall one.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 01:26:38 pm »

Hi, Guys sorry i could not make the show, but this is my very busy time of year at work, spoke to tom , told me he had a good time , but not a lot to buy at a good price. I had a friend find me a grapette   quikold jr embossed, he will restore for me next year, also picked up a restored vmc 27 on a pipe stand, he chromed the front doors, should be very nice machine, will go saturday night to a guys house in york pa  to pick up, this guy was a friend of a friend and he brought it home for me  . jeff wolf
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 05:50:51 pm »

Great find on the Grapette Quikold, Jeff!  Post a picture when you can!

Sounds like the show would have been fun, regardless of how many great finds there were.  I'll have to make the trip sometime, for sure!

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 01:52:13 am »

Well... I may not have found a cooler... but that was probably the best time I have had...
The absolute highlight for me was meeting with everyone Thursday night...
About an hour out of town John (Signguy) calls me and says everyone is meeting for a dinner/drinks.
As my wife Tonya and I step into the restaurant I just kinda guess and say “Matt & Harrison”
and sure enough there they are.. Then Larry and his son Kyle, then in comes John and then Tom
and Jay! So here I am sitting with my soda buddys and 2 legends of the ol' Club Soda magazine
Jay and Harrison!!!!! listening to Jay's stories of finds of yesterday and the magazine stories of he
and Harrison was awesome! Tonya was impressed with young Kyle being there and we talked
how it won't be long till our 10 and 7 year will be making the trip...(I HAD to find soda caps
as that's what they are wanting to collect and my oldest wanted something in Orange soda)
Then Tom and Jay start talking about all the trucks and stuff they seen.. I was so pumped!!!!!
I can only express my feeling as how I remember Christmas night and Santa coming... Not kidding
I didn't fall asleep till about 10:30 waking up at midnight and again around 3:00.. scared I would
fall back asleep and miss the alarm I got up, got dressed walked to the lot to find Tom & Jay!!.... We were ready!!!!!
Well I walked straight till 11:00am running into each other and saying in passing “Find anything yet?”
How funny to think all these years we've been running past each other...
Matt and I helped John spend his money wisely... I watched a few things slowly be picked off as I
was holding out for the Orange Crush Quikold I was sure was on a truck... well... at 11:00.... that Christmas feeling I had?....
I said to John... “It's like Christmas came and all I got was a pair of socks!” down

So we went to another cool restaurant.. the “Filling Station” there in town WOW! pumps, globes and signs everywhere! Good food and hanging out with John! (And Thanks again for lunch John!)

I did go in on Saturday and found a Columbus M model gumball machine ran into Larry and Kyle again... then met with the New Fun-tronics gang! and found a few bottle caps for the kids...
then took the wife to the mall.. and she spent the money on the real kids for Christmas!

All in all a great time!!!! You guys are awesome!
Tonya was really impressed with you guys!...“My Penpals” she called you... she didn't know what to expect not meeting everyone other than John (and I believe Joey and his wife on a road trip in Springfield a while back!)

Also got to meet Neal, another great guy, collector, penpal & email friend.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 09:27:12 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 10:44:23 am »

Thanks for all the kind words, It was a pleasure meeting you all. 

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: