SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:06:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Coin Op Show Recap  (Read 12258 times)
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 11:19:58 am »

Hi All
   As always the Chicago Show was a fun trip. It was great to meet up with everyone at Portillo's Thursday evening, it was definetely the highlight of my trip. What a great bunch of people. A special thanks to Eric for the cap-catchers and signs for the coin changer. It was just really nice talking with everyone for awhile.

Here's my re-cap of the whole show......
  Left on Tuesday afternoon and arrived in Mentor,OH @ 11pm. Stayed the evening and picked up a Buckley Long-Shot horse racing themed gambling machine(like a slot-machine) @ 7am and was on my way. Got to see Lake Superior which was very cool. Arrived in Chicago by 2, and had to unload a juke I transported for a fee. And then meet up with my roomee for the show, Jay. Then I was off to deliver a Juke and Crane machine I pre-sold before the show. Next I was off to Carol Stream?, about 30 minutes or so from the show, to pickup a Grapette tall A1 cooler I had restored, a Grapette Superior Jr. cooler that was restored also, and the case for a vendo coin changer. Then back to the show, the calls started coming in and it was time to network before the show. Found a stool in the bar at Pheasant Run and spent the rest of my evening right there.
  Thursday morning we went to Kane County which was totally lame as usual, but you have to go because you never know what may show up. The rest of the day was spent networking and trying to find out about as much stuff as possible.
  Without giving out too much info.....the key to the whole show is to be the first person to have the oppurtunity to purchase an item you want. And making as many deals and contacts prior to the show.
  Myself and Jay actually beat Eric out into the parking lot by about 5 minutes, we were there before 3:30am. I only purchased 2 new treasures, a really nice origonal Stoner gum machine for $150, and a Coca Cola base plate pipe stand for $100, very happy with both. I had oppurtunities to purchase 3 very desireable Jukebox Speakers but none worked out. I picked up that biG Dugrenier Candy machine I purchased before the show.
  I did terrible trying to sell on Friday, I only sold a U-Select-It, and a small Salesman Sample piece. Everything else came home with me.
  Before I left I needed to deliver some Pork Roll(go ahead and ask me), to a good friend from Ohio at the show. Then it was time to load up all my stuff I didn't sell, and 2 Jukes and a big-ass speaker I had promised a friend I would transport before the show, and start the 15 hr trip home. It winds up being about 3 days of straight driving to have 2 complete days at the show. Basically trying to shove 10lbs of potatoes into a 5lb bag. I finally made it back home by 5pm on Saturday, just so glad to see my family and sleep in my own bed.

The Show is always a great experience for me. Networking. Meeting up with a lot of friends, BS-ing about all sorts of stuff. Networking. You never know what you may find. I love seeing different parts of this beautiful Country during the drive. I highly reccomend it for everyone.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 11:58:51 am »

Sounds like a great time. I haven't heard much about Jay in the last couple of years. Is he still collecting machines and coolers? Last time I talked to him I believe he was moving to Georgia.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 12:01:17 pm »

Okay, I'll ask, Pork rolls?
I'm hungry already so share Tom  smile

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 03:24:08 pm »

Hey Guys ,
                     Like I said I had a Great Time at the show But If I had'nt allrady been in Chicago .I would not have driven from Cincinnati to see what I saw . Prices were High on what i did get to see as Many noted

Below is just 1 Example I could not stop laughing at right in the sellers booth . First Picture is of the Pepsi Light up in Booth Marked $195.00 But Willing to take $170.00

Second Picture is Of my Pepsi Light-up I got At a Local show for $30.00 I'll Take $100 fo it  laugh laugh laugh

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 05:37:47 pm »

LOL at the pork roll.... My buddy that moved to NC from NJ has to buy some pork roll every time he comes to visit. I can't believe its only available in this area...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 07:02:49 pm »

OK.......it's Pork Roll, not Pork Rolls. It's a pork by-product, kind of like Spam, but tastes a million times better. The main use out here is pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwiches. It's also sometimes called Taylor ham. Pork roll grilled by itself is great, and a slice on top of a burger is called a Jersey Burger. My friend from Ohio cuts it into small pieces and cooks it on top of his pizza, in place of pepperoni. Now and then you may see something on it on the Food Network, particularly with Jersey Diners.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 08:24:51 pm »

In my discussion about the Thursday night meeting I left out Larry's son, sorry about that, it's always good to see some younger people interested in collecting big boy's toys.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 10:39:02 pm »

Harrison,

It was Kyle that talked me into buying my namesake, the Mills 400C.  I was looking at an infrared popcorn machine, similar to the U Pop It, and the Mills was next to it.  Kyle asked me if I could buy it and one day the both of us restore it.  I was hesitant, but a few months later I agreed to pick it up.  Hopefully, that would be next years project.

Kyle is my tag a long.  He likes tools and tinkering.  He's always there to assist me in a home project or a restoration.  He is more mechanically inclined than his brother Todd.  Todd is an X-box Halo, and a Wii type of guy, but that doesn't stop me and Todd from having a good time with our Evans Winterbook slot.  WE have our own game that we made up.  Actually, yesterday I did get a Winterbook!!  You probally don't know what that is, but it is a big deal around the game room, and it was cool!!

Both kids like to go to the show and see new and old things.

Thanks for mentioning him.  He'll get a kick out of this!

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 10:44:35 pm »

One other thing that I was really excited about, but saddened at the same time.  Did anyone check out the new Rock-ola jukeboxes???

The cool thing is that the sound is great and the juke box will store aprox. 3,800 CD's.  The bad thing is it's a glorified MP3 player with a hard drive.  Drag and drop technology. Oo  NO MECHANICAL PARTS, boy is that sad.  This truly is the end of an era.  At least the CD players had moving mechanical parts.

Cool but uncool at the same time. down
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:49:12 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 06:20:29 am »

Sounds like you guys had a great time this year!! It just wasn't my year to make it  down I had way too much going on with family stuff, homecomings from Iraq/Afghanistan, my own military commitments and to top it off my 7 month boy old came down with Croup Thursday night!!

I have been talking to the wife about maybe checking out the Spring show. I know it isn't typically as good as the Fall show but I need my fix!!

Brian
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: