SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 09:08:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Coin Op Show Recap  (Read 12260 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 10:44:58 pm »

Well Guys  smile

After working late Friday brakeing down My Company show at McCormick place in Chicago .I did take the drive Saturday Morning to the show. I guess you have to be there on Friday ? Because I saw a Lot of cool stuff !! But Nothing in my life time i could afford . I did try to show i was a Member here By Wareing a make shift badge I had left over from my show .But I guess now one saw it .I also met the new owners of Fun-Tronic Really Really Great People !!!!! I can also say I will proabley not ? make another trip up there . It was Fun but I'm getting to the point I'd rather spend my extra $$$ on the GrandKids . Again There was some Cool Stuff !!!

On another note The People there were very nice .As I sat down for Breakfast at the resort & spoke with a couple of guys they had a voucher for $50.00 buck so they offered to cover my meal ( $11.00 ) so I took care of the tip Really nice people there .

Leonard    Ltransam

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 10:59:39 pm »

The stoners at the show were CRAZY !! Prices were thur the roof for them.
I think a lot of the prices were higher than normal.  These people need to get a reality check!  I didn't see too many people buying big ticket items this time.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 11:02:12 pm »

Was Fun-Tronics set up in the show or out side. Did they bring anything cool to the show for sale. Love to see more pics of the stuff inside.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 08:43:02 am »

Were the prices lower to reflect the economy? It seems everything is lower on ebay lately I am just curious if it was the same at the show.
I didn't think prices where lower, unrestored stoner Jr's where selling and sold on Friday Morning Earlier for 850-1000, every jr I saw was sold by 4:45 that morning for BIG $$$ I saw one 180 sitting for 550 but noone seemed interested in that.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 08:47:28 am »

here is another photo of the Fantasty Stoner Jr.
plus another pic of that peice on the lower front...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 08:50:50 am »

Thanks for postingthe photos John ! ! !
Seemed to be a variety of stuff...
Glad some of you got together!

My six cents,

Jim

RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 09:33:01 am »

I have always wanted to attend the Chicago show, but from what I am hearing, it may not be worth the trip anymore. That's to bad.

Are the other shows, such as Hearshy, any better.

I want to go in order to buy, as well as meet the great folks in the hobby.

Also, what is the contact onfo for the Fun tronics guys. There web site is still being created and I need some parts.  Thanks
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 09:37:27 am »

FUN-TRONICS NEW PHONE NUMBER: 217-857-1759 JANNETT and ROD
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 10:03:48 am »

Matt and I had a great time and saw a lot of stuff, most overpriced but some good deals along the way.  I picked up a gum attachment for my Stoner Junior, a look at the unrestored juniors at $1200 each makes me glad I bought my 2 juniors at the last show for $60 each.  We enjoyed the Soda-machines.com meeting at Portillos on Thursday night, attending was myself, MATT, JOHN, LARRY, TOM, ERIC & WIFE NANCY AND SPECIAL GUEST JAY BOOHER who kept us entertained with his stories of the hunt.  Jay has one of the largest soda fountain and picnic cooler collections in the world, it is terrific!  The Kane County show was not that great but I saw some deals in the parking lot at Pheasant Run that I had trouble passing up!  Saw an extra nice Retro Popcorn machine complete for $500, someone might be interested in that........Great times, fair to good show.

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 10:11:58 am »

Curtis,

No Stoner Cafes or cigaromets.

Funtronics was set up inside the second room all the way in the back.  They brought along plenty of parts, signs, cardboard displays, and a few very nicely restored Coke machines.  One was a Cav 72 and the other was a nice Vendo 81D with the changer.

By the way, I forgot the fellas name, but the guy from Homearcade was there and as always he had some neat games and was gracious enough to let me and my kids play them.  I was playing his golf game.  Not the Williams Mini Golf, or the Bromley.  It's the one with the not too attractive girl on the glass.  I forgot the name of the machine.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: