SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 10:37:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Coin Op Show Recap  (Read 12261 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: November 15, 2008, 02:00:45 pm »

Figured I'd start a new thread on the Chicago Coin Op Show.. I just got back last night around 9pm after my 6 hour drive... Had a GREAT time as usual and was especially fun this year as many of us got to meet for the first time in person. Thursday Night We got together for dinner and a few beers. Present where Myself Signguy(John), Eric (Eric) and his wife, TomfromJersey(Tom),Mills400c(Larry) and his son,MattCarter(Matt),Harrison and Jay Brewer (not an SMC member, but big time collector. We had a good time and was just great to meet everyone in person. And too update from the other thread,,, No one got too drunk to the make it to the show biggrin
Friday Morning the Early Bird Award goes to ERIC who said he was in the lot at 3:30am, at least that's the earliest I've heard, I myself was in the lot by 4:30am and it was just getting going around then... Who'd a thunk it we'd be shopping for coin op stuff at 4:30am !! But it was a blast... Weather held ,and ran stoppped sometime before then, but no rain during the show on Friday.  Again Lots of great stuff to be seen, I took many photos and will post in the photo gallery as soon as I can find my transfer cable... We managed to get one shot of Larry(Mills400), Me (signguy),Eric (eric) and Tom (tomfromjersey) From Left to right. I think we all found something on Friday with the exception of Eric,,, No quickcolds to be found down but he stayed till Saturday(today and I'm sure will find some great treasure we missed) I know Larry was going back today as well but Matt, Tom from jersey, Harrison headed home on Friday afternoon as well. Each of us found stuff, and I'm sure they'll post about it..
I myslf picked up another Stoner Jr. (actually not at the show, just on the way down) , but at the show got a U-select-it on original stand, Barber pole, Embossed RC Slider and a part for my Clevelond Neon Coke Clock... Photos to come.

I had a great time, and it was great together with and meet someother members, I hope more of you could make the trip next time!

happydrinkers
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 04:11:06 pm by SIGNGUY » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 08:49:15 pm »

John,

It was great to hook up with a few members, on Thursday night, to finally see the faces behind some of the names. 

I went Friday to cruise the parking lot and meet up with some old and new friends.  As usual, I didn't have enough money to buy the things that I would've liked too, but half the fun is window shopping.   You kind of feel like a bum staring into the window of a restaraunt watching someone eating a suculant meal.  You can look all you want, but you can't have it.   

I actaully saw two of three items that I wouldn't mind owning at the show.  On Friday someone had a Bally High Hand poker machine for $150.00, but it was sold.  That was a great price for a High Hand.  Then on Saturday, I saw a Rock-ola World Series pinball machine from the same era.  That was just a bit out of my price range......$1.500.00.  I forgot my camera, so I don't have any pictures.  Hopefully, one of the other members brought one.

Overall, it was the same stuff inside. 

I did happen to meet up with the new owners of Funtronics, and they seemed very nice.  I didn't have a chance to talk to the husband, he was busy with a customer, but his wife and I chatted for a while.  I was tryting to see if they had a Mills 400c manual.  So far this manual doesn't seem to exist.

I also saw Eric and his wife on Saturday.  He did end up with an item, but I'll let him fill you in on it.

Lastly, the most disapointing and disturbing thing at the show was that the vendor who use to sell the candy coated pecans and cashews no longer comes to the show... boy were my kids disapointed. 

Oh yeah, one more note. After looking at your picture, I realized that I look like an oriental gerbal.  It's a good thing that I don't have too many mirrors in my house.
 laugh laugh laugh

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:56:12 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:09:42 pm »

I went this morning.  It was packed.  I had to park off in the gravel golf range parking lot  oh !
I thought that there was more variety of things there...except soda machines.  I hardly saw any soda machines (compared to in the past). 
I noticed that a lot of items did not have price tags on them.  I didn't ask the price since I was always told, "If you have to ask the price you can not afford it."
Now for the most disturbing thing I heard.  "Yes, this is NOS.  It's a new old style."  WTF!  I interpret this as a reproduction.  Unfortunately I heard this from another booth and I could not find the jackass who said it. veryangry
All I picked up were a few 45's.  There were a few interesting things there that I would have liked to have gotten, but I'm working on something else...but hopefully that is an upcoming story for the Other Coin-Op section.  upside

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:20:30 pm »

Sorry I missed you Brent, Hopefully another time..
I just uploaded a BUNCH of Photos to the photo gallery under Chicago show 2008, Should give everyone who couldn't make it a pretty good idea of what was there.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:40:06 pm »

Thanks for the pics! It looks like it was a good turnout. Were the prices lower to reflect the economy? It seems everything is lower on ebay lately I am just curious if it was the same at the show.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:49:54 pm »

Looks like some nice machines popped up, who was the guy with the trailor load of roundtops? Looks like he had some killer stuff.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 10:08:59 pm »

John Thanks for those great pictures  smile and it sound like you guys had a great time.

Pat biggrin
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 10:18:36 pm »

Well i would have to say it was nice to finally see people on smc. Me and Harrison came away with little things but it was things we were looking for. I have pictures but i have no idea how to add them to the photo gallary. Any help here would be great. I have a couple of questions for Curtis....On the stoner pictures there is a stoner Jr theater? Did it have that art deco metal on the bottom? Was there ever a stoner jr theater? The stoners at the show were CRAZY !! Prices were thur the roof for them. John you should have put yours out there and made a buck or two. I did not make it inside since i needed to get home but maybe next time. Thanks for the pictures.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 10:32:02 pm »

Hi Matt, There were no Stoner JR Theatres ever made, that is a piece the guy in CAlf. makes. Not orig. but very cool. Please add every photo anyone has of the show to the site. Were there any 6 or 3 selection Cigaromat machines that anyone saw. How about a Stoner Cafe Coffee Machine. I need these A.S.A.P SOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on the hunt. Anyone out there have these two machines, please call me 301-991-3532. Thanks.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 10:33:42 pm »

P.S I need a Stoner Pastry Machine as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: