SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 01:03:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only Journey fan  (Read 12400 times)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 09:56:08 pm »

Steve P. mom used to have a beach front house in shell beach. Seen him hanging out there a few times a few years back. Also his girlfriend "Sherry" was a local from the bakersfield area.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 05:17:54 pm »

Heard a rumor SP had a new solo cd coming out in 09.

Lot of cool postings over at journeymusic.com from Neal on how the UK concerts went. Lots of pics too.
And how Arnel was doing as the new front man.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 10:00:36 pm »

Check out this Journey arcade machine a guy I know just picked up. He owns a local arcade by me.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 09:39:10 am »

I wasted many a quarter on that machine.   biggrin

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 09:42:28 am »

Is that the game that has the band members in it and you have to save them from the aliens or somthing like that? you fly in this beatle shaped spacehip and blast stuff?
I had a Journey game on my Atari 2600 that was simliar to that? played "dont stop beleiving" or something in Midi tones or somethign like that?
Or maybe I'm just halucinaiting again?>wow... oh

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 10:05:06 am »

I don't remember playing this game, but the KLOV info for it sounds the same as you remember..

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8242

There are five separate games -- one for each band member -- plus a bonus round game. Each game has two phases: Recovering the musical instrument, and returning to the Scarab vehicle.

The games are as follows:

1. Steve Perry: Steve starts at the top of the screen and must make his way through a maze of moving turnstiles to his microphone at the bottom of the screen. Once he has the microphone, he uses the fire button to shoot at rows of passing turnstiles (similar to Galaga).
   2. Neal Schon: Neal must navigate a cavern using his jet pack. Once he grabs his guitar, he must fly across the cave towards the exit while dodging rockets (similar to Scramble).
   3. Steve Smith: Steve must jump back and forth between drums, turning them from yellow to blue. He then climbs behind his drum set and shoots bullets at flying infinity symbols (similar to Galaxian).
   4. Jonathan Cain: Jonathan must make his way down conveyer belts, jumping piano keys (by pushing the joystick up). Once he is behind his piano, he shoots at vertical rows of circular objects that converge from the edges of the screen inward. Each object must be shot twice before it is destroyed (similar to Donkey Kong and Mega Mania).
   5. Ross Valory: Ross jumps between elevators in an attempt to reach his bass at the top of the screen. Once he has reached there, he fires downward at cannons that are firing deadly LP albums.

Bonus Round (Concert/Herbie Herbert): Herbie, Journey's tour manager, must block the doorways and prevent the fans from entering any of the three doors on stage. If a fan gets past Herbie, everyone rushes the stage and steals the instruments again. During this scene, the machine plays a cassette loop tape of "Separate Ways."

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 11:19:14 am »

It's prolly the same game, I remember   having to  pick which band member level you wanted to play.
It was one of the few  video games i liked,

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:07 am »

Yep, that's it... I remember the rows of intstruments that he had to navigate through..

I'll have to dig out my Atari 2600 and play that! (Yes I still have it)

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 07:58:48 pm »

Journey has been around 35 years and Steve Perry turns 60 Jan 22.    Geez where does the time go?

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 08:01:42 pm »

I was going to comment, but didn't Mick Jagger turn 60, or was it 65 last year?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: