SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 11:31:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Show 2007 update!  (Read 11435 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:24 am »

Just got back late last nite from Chicago... I know the show doesn't start till today.. but the actual real show started late Thursday nite and Early Friday Morning around 4:30am or so... Many things where already sold by 4:30am like every unrestored Stoner Jr... Oh well.
Had a great time, met up with Brian Seven181, Eric (from Missouri), TomfromJersey and some other old acquaintences... Matt and Brian I heard you guys where there and gone early on Friday...sorry to have missed you.
I hadn't been to the show for over 5 years so it was good to go back, (smaller than it used to be) but still fun... found a few things for myself... nothing big... but had fun.
I took tons of photos and will post in the photo gallery under Shows and events once I figure that out.
Hope other chime in as well.... It was good to see the few of you I did ... hope to meet more of you in the future.

happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:05:39 am »

Sorry about that !! Had lots of things to do at home. Me and Harrison bought the stoner Jr. and a bunch of other stoners from the same guy. I was looking for a stoner but didn't find a complete one. I think i seen Brian (seven181) swelling his stuff but didn't put the stuff with his name. LOL . I bought a gum machine and some seats from Wrigley Field. That's about it.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 09:33:08 am »

Hey Guys! Had fun in Chicago. Met up with Signguy, Tom from NJ and Eric (MO). Sold off about 6 of my old 7up / Pepsi machines. Nothing good in the way of stuff for me though. Had my eye on a 7up junior but seemed high on the price. Overall, a good show if you like Jukes and Slot machines. Soda guys, not a lot out there and if there was prices were really high!

Brian Seven181

Brian  happydrinkers
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 05:10:05 pm »

I just got back myself. I forgot my camera at home  down .
Prices on most items (soda machines, video games, pins and jukes) were pretty expensive.  I could not believe all of the people there, this is the largest attendance I have seen in a few years.  This was probably because it was a decent day and there are hardly any leaves to pick up yet (half of our trees are still green).  I only picked up a few items - some video and pinball manuals/service guides and a case of (sugar) Dr Pepper.  happydrinkers

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:57:15 am »

OK,
I added some photos of the Chicago Show, but messed something up? I somehow added them to the SubAlbum of the Mid Atlantic Show?Huh?   So hopefully Jim or someone can move them, but couldn't find where to make New Album, only Subalbum?

Anyways they are there for the viewing, just go to Shows/Events, Click on Mid Atlantic show and the chicago 2007 Subalbum

Enjoy.

Hopefully Jim or an administrator can fix? if not let me know and I can reload photos.

John

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 12:07:02 pm »

Fixed the Photo Albums...

Glad to hear some of you where able to meet up and scout around together!
Thanks for the photos too!

My six cents,

Jim

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 06:09:18 pm »

Brian,

I must have passed by your trailer 15 times at Kane County and I think I ran into you at the Chicago Show at the guy from Nebraska's trailer. He had that plastice tote with a complete 56/81/110 large door coin mech, a complete straight large coin door and some transitional parts.

Did you get pretty much everything sold?

I ended up walking away from this show with a book, "Silent Salesman Too", a Northwestern 49 Gumball Machine and, two Silver King Hot Nut Machines. I had a chance to buy an Asco Hot Nut Machine that Matt saw and had mentioned to me but I waited a bit too long and it sold. Turned out for the best though. The guy I bought the Northwestern and one of the Silver King's from has a bunch of Asco's and some really other cool machines for much cheaper and in better condition.

I set out this year with nothing really planned that I "needed" to have right this second. My wife had asked me to hold off on anything nig right now due to the ongoing construction in the basement. I stopped by her work Wednesday to say goodbye before heading up to Chicago and she made sure to remind me "Please, no pinball's, Jukeboxes or soda pop machines. But, some more gumball machines would be neat" I didn't let her down!

Brian
Pat Pixley
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 07:17:33 pm »

Wow just went through the photos Look like you guy had a great time
(Well I know I would have ) Thanks for the photo's John .

Pat
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 08:10:37 pm »

Thanks for the photos. Looks like it was lots of fun. Wish I could have been there. The photo of the Squirt Round Top. Is that an 39? Is it embossed?

Anderson
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 09:00:14 pm »

the Squirt 39 is an embossed machine... obviousy cut from a slider or something, but done Very well... I looked nice and close and you could not see where it was put in, the guy finished it well, However he didnt' spend much time on the inside, as the tub was not pulled out and the bottle rack and shelves not even repainted or plated, just cleaned up with soap and water he said... he said he has done several other off brand 39's , 7up, Nesbitts, and some others...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: