SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:37:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs help!  (Read 10403 times)
Fred
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:16:33 am »

Last night I came across and acquired on old Pepsi pop machine.I did some research and it seems to be a Quikold 1400 WD2.Are these of any value?It is in fairly good condition and seems to be complete.It isn't working as I see the plug has been cut off the compressor.It is all there I think.Both sliding lids and both of the front and back covers.Any help would be appreciated.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:38:10 am »

although the main linecords plug has been cut off, there still may be a short "pigtail" plug that comes directly from the compressor & plugs into what looks like rectangular plastic block up under the bottom side of the cooler ( you have to look up under the main tank area, just above the copmpressor) if it's there, then you could test the compresso by plugging it into an extension cord & see if the compressor kicks on.

Value? really depends on how bad you want it!  but on average these chest coolers run between $200-400 IF it's complete & running, & if it's embossed or just painted/decals. I'd assume the compressor doesn't work (unless the owner/seller can PROVE otherwise) I'd offer him/her $150.00 ( because you'll spend at least $275 to replace the compressor)

so do you know if it's embossed?  Or just painted?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:43:24 am »

Fred,     Welcome to SMC and congrats on you first machine. I say first because who can stop a just one. We all love pictures on here so if you could possibly take a picture or 2 I'm sure someone on here could give you a better idea of what it is worth and if it is complete.
                                                                  Matt

Matt
Fred
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:15:17 pm »

although the main linecords plug has been cut off, there still may be a short "pigtail" plug that comes directly from the compressor & plugs into what looks like rectangular plastic block up under the bottom side of the cooler ( you have to look up under the main tank area, just above the copmpressor) if it's there, then you could test the compresso by plugging it into an extension cord & see if the compressor kicks on.

Value? really depends on how bad you want it!  but on average these chest coolers run between $200-400 IF it's complete & running, & if it's embossed or just painted/decals. I'd assume the compressor doesn't work (unless the owner/seller can PROVE otherwise) I'd offer him/her $150.00 ( because you'll spend at least $275 to replace the compressor)

so do you know if it's embossed?  Or just painted?

I do know that is embossed with the Pepsi logo.As far as value I'm not looking to know how much to pay for it as I already now own it.I am just curious if there is a market for them or if they are just junk.I might see a refrigeration guy and see how much it would cost to get it running and keep/use it.
I will take a couple of pics tonight and post them on here.
Fred
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:09:51 am »

Here is a pic
Fred
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:11:54 am »

Another
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 10:38:35 am »

is it embossed? Its hard to tell in the photo
Fred
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 10:52:13 am »

Yes .It is definately embossed.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 11:24:54 am »

nice looking machine
Fred
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 12:33:36 pm »

Well it's for sale if anyone is interested.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 12:36:40 pm »

where are you?
Fred
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 12:49:47 pm »

where are you?
Ontario,Canada
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 12:59:32 pm »

too bad you are sooooooooooooooooooooo far away, I would buy it
Fred
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 02:24:02 pm »

It may be hard to get rid of it up here.I don't know if there are many people up here collecting these things.Oh well.I didn't pay anything for it anyway.I found it in the woods while I was riding my dirt bike.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 03:06:11 pm »

[quote Oh well.I didn't pay anything for it anyway.I found it in the woods while I was riding my dirt bike.
[/quote]

Now this is makings for a great story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell us all about it  :happydrinkers:

Glen
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 03:18:03 pm »

I'm looking forward to hearing this....
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 03:32:58 pm »

I think we need a photo of this cooler loaded up on your dirt bike ! ! !

Gr-8 find ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

c125bob
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 06:26:43 pm »

If I ever make it to Canada I'm going dirt bike riding.  Some people have all the luck !  Good looking machine.
bob
Fred
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 05:29:05 am »

A friend of mine went riding back on some old cottage roads one evening early this week.We were heading down on raod and met a huge Bull Moose who decided that we shouldn't go any further down that road and would not move off the trail.So we turned around and went down a different road.Right beside the road we spotted this old machine so we stopped and checked it out.It wasn't near any cottages and appeared to have been there for some time.It wan't far from my home so we went back and got my truck and went and picked it up.
I think what has happened is that up here you can't dispose of refrigeration equipment wothout having them certified by a refrigeration person that they are free of freon so people are just leaving stuff like fridges and freezers in the woods so they don't have to pay to get rid of them.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 06:12:56 am »

A moose detoured you guys and then you find this cooler on the side of the dirt road!
That's great! If my kids came home and told me that, I would think they're crazy!

My six cents,

Jim

Fred
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 08:53:33 am »

Are there many Canadian members on here?
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 09:01:37 am »

What would it cost to ship to Florida?  You can throw some Canadian bacon and McIntosh apples in the machine to sweeten the deal!   Heck maybe a few bottles of that famous Ice Wine too.  happydrinkers   

But seriously I wonder what the shipping would be.
Fred
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 09:58:21 am »

Check into it if you like.My postal code is K0L 2S0.I'm not looking to get rich off this thing.I would like to see it go to someone who will restore it.I'm from the old car hobby so I've heard too many stories of people who would rather let some rot then sell it for a reasonable price.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 10:01:00 am »

whats your estimate on its weight?
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 10:03:38 am »

Are there many Canadian members on here?
Fred how's it going - Eh!  Born & raised in the suburbs of Toronto.  Been in the US since '95.  How about you - where in Ontario?

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Fred
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 10:10:03 am »

whats your estimate on its weight?

Maybe someone more familiar might know but I would guess 100-150 lbs.Two of us carried it .
Fred
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 10:11:15 am »

Fred how's it going - Eh!  Born & raised in the suburbs of Toronto.  Been in the US since '95.  How about you - where in Ontario?

150 miles north of Toronto.Algonquin park area.
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 10:13:36 am »

150 miles north of Toronto.Algonquin park area.
Great area.  Used to camp at Arrowhead PP every year.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: