SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 10:29:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie needs help!  (Read 10528 times)
Fred
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:16:33 am »

Last night I came across and acquired on old Pepsi pop machine.I did some research and it seems to be a Quikold 1400 WD2.Are these of any value?It is in fairly good condition and seems to be complete.It isn't working as I see the plug has been cut off the compressor.It is all there I think.Both sliding lids and both of the front and back covers.Any help would be appreciated.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:38:10 am »

although the main linecords plug has been cut off, there still may be a short "pigtail" plug that comes directly from the compressor & plugs into what looks like rectangular plastic block up under the bottom side of the cooler ( you have to look up under the main tank area, just above the copmpressor) if it's there, then you could test the compresso by plugging it into an extension cord & see if the compressor kicks on.

Value? really depends on how bad you want it!  but on average these chest coolers run between $200-400 IF it's complete & running, & if it's embossed or just painted/decals. I'd assume the compressor doesn't work (unless the owner/seller can PROVE otherwise) I'd offer him/her $150.00 ( because you'll spend at least $275 to replace the compressor)

so do you know if it's embossed?  Or just painted?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
FDNY1975
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:43:24 am »

Fred,     Welcome to SMC and congrats on you first machine. I say first because who can stop a just one. We all love pictures on here so if you could possibly take a picture or 2 I'm sure someone on here could give you a better idea of what it is worth and if it is complete.
                                                                  Matt

Matt
Fred
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 12:15:17 pm »

although the main linecords plug has been cut off, there still may be a short "pigtail" plug that comes directly from the compressor & plugs into what looks like rectangular plastic block up under the bottom side of the cooler ( you have to look up under the main tank area, just above the copmpressor) if it's there, then you could test the compresso by plugging it into an extension cord & see if the compressor kicks on.

Value? really depends on how bad you want it!  but on average these chest coolers run between $200-400 IF it's complete & running, & if it's embossed or just painted/decals. I'd assume the compressor doesn't work (unless the owner/seller can PROVE otherwise) I'd offer him/her $150.00 ( because you'll spend at least $275 to replace the compressor)

so do you know if it's embossed?  Or just painted?

I do know that is embossed with the Pepsi logo.As far as value I'm not looking to know how much to pay for it as I already now own it.I am just curious if there is a market for them or if they are just junk.I might see a refrigeration guy and see how much it would cost to get it running and keep/use it.
I will take a couple of pics tonight and post them on here.
Fred
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:09:51 am »

Here is a pic
Fred
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:11:54 am »

Another
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 10:38:35 am »

is it embossed? Its hard to tell in the photo
Fred
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 10:52:13 am »

Yes .It is definately embossed.
SquareTopCollector
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 11:24:54 am »

nice looking machine
Fred
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 12:33:36 pm »

Well it's for sale if anyone is interested.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: