SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 08:51:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sure has been quiet around here lately???  (Read 11270 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 08:39:33 pm »

Brian... looks like a good project you got there... I did mine a few years ago, and went with the steel studs.... After using them, I find it very hard to go back to using wood... They were all straight, lightweight and didn't have to drill any holes for electrical wires... The only drawback is that if you want to hang something, they are not real good for that... The other thing I did is put 1/2" sheets of insulation board onto the walls, and duct tape the seams... it made a huge difference in the temperature and the humidity... I also insulated the ceiling for sound reasons....

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:25 am »

The plan that I drew up for the basement includes a gameroom, living room, 4th bedroom, exercise room and a home theater. Yes, it has a walkout which has proved indespensible in the movement of large items in and out.

I went with wood studs because it's what I felt comfortable with an had easily available in our local area. I plan on insulating with regular R-19 unbatted insulation. I'm pretty sure I'll be insulating the ceiling as well to cut down on noise.

What did you guys use for a floor treatment? Did you just throw pad/underlayment down then some carpet or did you use a what I call a basement flooring system?

The original owners did a great job waterproofing. I haven't had a problem with humidity yet, but spring/summer isn't here yet. That'll be the true test!

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 10:11:26 am »

Where abouts do you live??  I'd say if it's just humidity,, nothing a couple of dehumidifiers shouldn't be able to handle?  if it's water... thats another story and then the basement floor system sounds right... When we did ours we had some history of water problems and we sealcoated the whold floor and walls with that "DryLock" Paint... and that is suppose to help. then padded and carpeted..
GOod luck.. I wish I had room for the home theatre... that sounds awesome!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 05:51:40 pm »

What did you guys use for a floor treatment? Did you just throw pad/underlayment down then some carpet or did you use a what I call a basement flooring system?

From a sound system / acoustic point of view, carpet just absorbs sound. I would use a hard flooring of some kind so the sounds can bounce around.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 08:58:11 pm »

(collecture @ Mar. 15 2007,5:51)
From a sound system / acoustic point of view, carpet just absorbs sound. I would use a hard flooring of some kind so the sounds can bounce around.

But carpet is alot easier on the feet.  If you are going to have people standing up (probably in socks) playing games (arcade, pool, ping-pong, etc.) you want carpet.  We put down a cheaper, dark colored carpet in the gameroompart of our basement.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 07:39:17 am »

Seal the floor with a good paint.. We put down the best padding we could and then just a commercial grade carpet. Ours was meant more for a kids playroom, so we went with something that hides everything..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
jasmine64
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 04:53:59 pm »

Glad I dropped in, I see everyone else is busy too.
Found a few machines I need to go look at, but dont have the room, so may just pass.
Relocated my mom to a new house that kept me bust for the last 5 weeks.

Family in and out. Teenagers driving me nuts and hubby finally went back to work after winter break.

Marsha

Cav. CD 22
Choice Vend 168 - Use daily.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: