SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 03:10:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago coin-op show  (Read 12013 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2005, 01:55:23 pm »

I think the outdoor swap meet is EARLY Thursay morning and FREE...the dealers spend friday setting up... and there is suposed to be NO selling outside Friday... then Saturday it's only
like $8 a piece.... but yeah Friday is crazy money to get in... Thursday morning from what I remember is the best.....  But anyone know for sure as it's been a couple years since
I've gone and I don't want to road trip Wed, night to find no outdoor swapping Thurs.

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2005, 01:59:01 pm »

Josh not saying you'll find anything for sure... but you might find parts for your 35
I remember folks with just a pickup truck with an Ideal Mission Orange slider, gas pump
and a few picnic coolers just backed in a parking spot..... There's people with
lots of stuff for the enitre show and some just pull in with a few things for just the outside
swap meet and are gone that night!.....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2005, 02:30:10 pm »

Ok, I remember the best unrestored machines were at the "pig barns" at Kane county fairgrounds about 10 miles just outside of St Charles.
      This was held 3 days prior to Chicagoland show on Wed. Thurs and Fri. although most vendors spent Friday packing up and moving to the bigger event.  I arrived 7:00 am Wed and felt like the last one to arrive. Place was like a beehive. Large rental trucks pulling in and people swarming as the guy would lift the rollup door.
       Have not been there for several years so you may want to check and see if this event is still tradition

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2005, 02:54:24 pm »

I've always heard about the fair ground... never been but heard lots of good
things about it... Just seems everything is drying up over the past 4 years
Not near the stuff I saw 10 years ago...wow.....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2005, 03:04:02 pm »

Ok... me again... I just called to clear it and yeah they've changed it... It use to be
on Thursday...FREE... Then Friday $50 to go inside early while dealers sat up....now
you have to pay like Josh was told $50!!! to walk around......so I'm gonna call and find
out where this camp ground thing is and try and hit it! Since I've already got the time off...

So I guess we that are going can meet sometime Saturday?...

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2005, 05:14:20 pm »

I'll be there Saturday - with the Mrs. and a few friends (and your bottles Eric).

They used to have part of the show across the street (could walk or take a bus).  That's where I found most of my bargains.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: