SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 08:34:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Show  (Read 11960 times)
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:57 pm »

My dad and I had a great time at the show too. It was fun going out for dinner and drinks with all you guys and gals. Thanks to Brenda for hosting the first spicy CEASER party.

Len - thanks for driving us to the filling station.

Already looking forward to the fall show ! The count down is on !!!!

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 10:36:10 am »

I had a great Chicago Show.
Driving down in pouring rain sucked but as we pulled into the lot on Thursday afternoon around 4pm , the sky parted and the sun came out and warmed up to nearly 70 degrees! We had an open trailer and of course people started asking what we had.. so we started to unload a few things and selling , cause why not. it was a awesome.. we sold EVERYTHING we had brought by 6:30pm that NIGHT!!!!
went and met the group at portillos for a few hours and hung in the hotel till around 9pm and off to bed.
next day with nothing to set up or sell we were up and shopping with everying by 4:30am and ddn't find anything I needed in the AM, helped Bob find a popperette and just had a good time.
Bought a Coke Clock inside during the dealer preview that I didnt' have yet for a decent price.

The BEST part of the trip though was on Thursday night around 8pm I get an email from a guy selling a "10 cent coke machine" this was in his description,.. asking if I was interested in buying it. he had reluctantly bought it from his boss who was moving and realized he didn't want it and was going to be too much work to redo.
I emailed back for photos and or a model number figuring just some old square top or slider.... at 10pm he emailed me a picture of a Vendo 81b. oh I said lets talk tomorrow (Friday) Morning.  tounge
he called me at 9am and told me the story, blah blah .. I finally asked so what do you need for it.. he said he spent $600 on it and needed to get his money back on it. so I say ok so you need $600.. he says yep.., tounge I ask where are you located, he said in Indiana about 1 hour south of Chicago, I say, ok that's cool, I happen to be in the Chicago area and he then says well I could meet you half way if you have cash... I said I do and sure. He said he was going to get up and go get it out of his storage and call me back with a place half way to meet.. so at 10am he calls me and says lets meet in Joliet.. by this time , I only found a clock at the show, my buddy Tom is done looking too, so we head south toward's Joliet... sorry I didn't get to say GOOD BYE to everyone still at the show, but I was on a mission!..
After finding our way to Joliet which actually took about an hour we met the guy at a gas station, we unloaded it , it looked pretty good and paid the main plus $50 for his time/gas and I had a $650.00 Vendo 81 B in the back or our empty trailer! and if course a BIG SMILE on my face (after he left)..

so overall Chicago Trip this year was great!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:38:10 am by SIGNGUY » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 11:48:02 am »

Great story John. Good for you.... happydrinkers

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 12:13:44 pm »

Wow John, did you think to buy lottery tickets on the way home?   Great adventure.   happydrinkers

Glen
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »

Great story congratulations
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

Just chiming in to share on the fun with this show!
Not the best for me locating stuff, but time well spent with everyone ! ! !
I'm bringing home a bunch of stuff anyway...
A Big Thank You goes out to Brenda for the cocktails ! ! !
John, Glad to hear the trip south worked out!
I hope everyone had no issues traveling home!

My six cents,

Jim

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 12:02:18 am »

OK Brenda....what is the fuss about your drink? Does it have manure in it?  tounge  j/k

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 07:37:19 am »

In Canada the "Ceasar" is a variation of the Bloody Mary.. or maybe the Bloody Mary is a variation of the Ceasar! My fellow Canadians can chime in on this if I get something wrong. The Ceasar is made with Vodka and Clamato Juice, as opposed to tomato juice or bloody mary mix. It has a shake or two of Worchestershire and a shake of Tabasco sauce. We add a rim garnish made up of various spices (that we get in Canada), some snacks on a toothpick (sausage, cheese, olive) and stir it all up with a celery stick. In western Canada they sometimes add a dash of horseradish sauce... we skip that after having a Ceasar at the Calgary Stampede that still has my sinuses blown open! I am sure that there are many variations, this is just how we make them.

At the fall show, we were all talking about Cesears so Linda and I thought, "why don't we just make some and invite everyone over for one?" So that's how it started! Slider Bob brought some snacks and Voila! we had a gathering. Linda was our "most excellent" bartender and did a fabulous job of keeping our glasses full!

We'll look for you at the fall show Tom so we can make you one! We won't even use any manure!  laugh

B.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 07:45:19 am »

Those drinks were awesome! Great job ladies!

On a side note, can someone provide a link to Pat's or Curtiss's facebook page so we can look at the pics?  

I don't have a facebook account, and when I go to facebook.com, it prompts me to log on with an ID that I don't have.  

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:50:52 am by Slider-Bob » Logged

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:04 pm »

Sounds good Brenda! And I do need to make it to Chi-Town!

In my youth, around the time U2 came out with the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" I used to host Sunday Bloody Mary parties. We'd hang, watch sports and videos on my Beta player (lol) and "get over" the night before....good times!
My Bloody Mary's had names like -
Attitude Adjustment was the 1st one
Mood Enhancer was your 2nd
A Wink was the 3rd
and the 4th was The Shutter cause you were out.

Your recipe is very similar to mine except I use the Tabasco (Mild) B.M. mix and the Chipotle Tabasco, Black Pepper and my grandmother's Seasoned Salt. I'll send you some to try with this next mech - it is good on almost everything.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: