SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 08:21:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: custom vendo  (Read 11305 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 09:20:04 am »

At least they did this to a fairly Common machine like the 39... now if they would have done that to an 81. oh my.

I'm all for customizing a machine for ones personal taste and obviously this guy wanted it for his Ravens Den... but if you do customize a machine, keep in mind that when it comes time that you want to sell it... your buyers are VERY limited.  

so even if he has a couple grand wrapped up into the restoration, you still have to price it as an unrestored unit cause anyone who is looking to buy a machine is most likely looking for something traditional and going to want to repaint.  but no one in their right mind is going to pay 2800.00 only to strip it down and repainted it.
when you can buy an unrestored one for 800-1000 and restore it from that point.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:17 am »

I agree wit Eric,

It seems OK to do 'themed" square tops but not original 1950s machines.  I have a Hires Root beer machine that was never manufactured that I restored.  I don't think I would ever do that wit ha round top.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 12:40:13 pm »

That machine has been up for sale for over a year now.   Just remember your love is your love.  You do something like that you may not get out what you put in.  Just like my love for my 72 corvette.  If I ever sell it I'll certainly lose several thousand.

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »

All interesting comments and opinions.
Here's another arguable view:   If we want our soda machine values to hold or increase I think we need young people to become interested.   We don't want it to become an old guy's hobby like jukebox and cash register collecting ( I own both).  Machines like this 39 catch the eye of younger generations.
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 02:10:55 pm »

All interesting comments and opinions.
Here's another arguable view:   If we want our soda machine values to hold or increase I think we need young people to become interested.   We don't want it to become an old guy's hobby like jukebox and cash register collecting ( I own both).  Machines like this 39 catch the eye of younger generations.

I'm 35, I don't see classic soda machines to be a hobby that'll become extinct unless they stop selling bottles that will fit.  Many guys want a man-cave, and the soda machine unlike a jukebox or a cash register serves a good purpose.   

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 03:06:09 pm »

I like them all.  It's only a refrigerator.  If you want to paint it pink with yellow polka dots, go for it.

A lot of stuff.
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »

I'm 35, I don't see classic soda machines to be a hobby that'll become extinct unless they stop selling bottles that will fit.  Many guys want a man-cave, and the soda machine unlike a jukebox or a cash register serves a good purpose.   

Preacher <--> choir  Smiley
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »

If you ever want to not be able to sell a coke machine, paint it any color than  red and white. I had a bright idea years ago that a orange and black (Harley Davidson) coke machine would sell. Boy was I wrong.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 04:19:42 pm »

Jukeboxes play music.... That's a good purpose!  biggrin

Tim
Jonathan816
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 04:25:00 pm »

Jukeboxes play music.... That's a good purpose!  biggrin

Ha ha - true but unsure how you'd get your hits on radio.

VMC 81 - Pepsi
VMC 110 - Pepsi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: