SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:16:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from an auction - empty  (Read 11215 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »

Unrestored 81's have been selling for $2500 recently. I don't think $2350 is such a high price reached at a public auction.

Glen
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 05:27:14 pm »

Couldn't agree more what Tim said. Wholesale, retail, seller, etc. all come into play. Timing is also huge. There will never be a pinpoint price on any machine.

There isn't even set prices on new items that aren't even collectible. Go buy a new car. Shop the same car at 10 different dealers and you will get 10 different prices.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 05:56:32 pm »

The $2350 wouldn't have bothered me if it was running/ operating machine that was game room ready. Yes, it lookeed to be complete but had other problems and who knows what would happen when it was plugged in...  I do agree it was local and they don't come around every day, but for this machine - it was on the HIGH side - imo

Bob
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 11:29:31 am »

This is always a point of discussion and it all depends on what end your coming from.. VALUE, what is good, bad or ugly.. it all comes down to the person, the situation and the machine.
how much time do you want to spend looking, what are you intentions with the machine (keep, restore, use, resell)? 

so to say what they are worth, is hard to pin down.

Me, I'm a restorer.. I have my personal machines in my collection and not looking to buy another 81 for myself.  so I spend time looking, searching and making offers on machines weekly.  I get photos sent to me asking if I'm interested in buying and yes, most of the time they are asking 2500+ for an unrestored V81a,b, or d.  I kindly pass and leave them with a solid cash offer.  10-20 % of them usually call me back to accept my offer as they haven't been able to get their asking price.

so is the price $1500.00.. for me yes.. as I can still buy them for that with time, patience and no immediate urgency.

for the other guy who really wants one thinks they look cool and they happen to find one for 2500 or whatever and they can afford it .. more power to them, good for them, they are happy , the seller is happy and everyone wins..

so now is the Value $2500? for that guy yes..

so again just comes down to who, what when and why...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 01:33:09 pm »

This is always a point of discussion and it all depends on what end your coming from.. VALUE, what is good, bad or ugly.. it all comes down to the person, the situation and the machine.
how much time do you want to spend looking, what are you intentions with the machine (keep, restore, use, resell)? 

so to say what they are worth, is hard to pin down.

Me, I'm a restorer.. I have my personal machines in my collection and not looking to buy another 81 for myself.  so I spend time looking, searching and making offers on machines weekly.  I get photos sent to me asking if I'm interested in buying and yes, most of the time they are asking 2500+ for an unrestored V81a,b, or d.  I kindly pass and leave them with a solid cash offer.  10-20 % of them usually call me back to accept my offer as they haven't been able to get their asking price.

so is the price $1500.00.. for me yes.. as I can still buy them for that with time, patience and no immediate urgency.

for the other guy who really wants one thinks they look cool and they happen to find one for 2500 or whatever and they can afford it .. more power to them, good for them, they are happy , the seller is happy and everyone wins..

so now is the Value $2500? for that guy yes..

so again just comes down to who, what when and why...

Well said. Your not looking to pay retail for a nice collectible and restore it. Your looking to pay wholesale, restore and sell retail.

Tim
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »

I also agree with signguy I think he hit the nail on the head with that post.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 10:42:51 pm »

I agree with Signguy also....but, I just don't like it when people say a price is "too high".

You see a 81 for sale and post it here that it was selling for $2,500 or whatever and someone says too high. There is no such thing as too high. Unrealistic yes, but too high no. Too high for us maybe but for Mr. and Mrs. Jones who want a 81 for their gameroom they just finished. We want 81's to sell for big dollars, at least I do.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 08:11:51 am »

I know what you mean Mygoose it is frustrating. I think though that when people say the price is "too high" they mean its personally to high for them to purchase. I would think they understand it may not be to high for others. Even though it doesn't come across that way when were reading it in a post. I think the term signguy used says it all. It depends on where you are in the chain. Do you plan to - Keep, use, restore or resell. So depending on where you are In that line up "your price" maybe low or high. There are other variables such as your location or time frame to purchase or condition of machine that will affect a persons asking price or purchase price. I think we should not let people's "too high" comments make us second guess our selves about posting an item we personally think is a good deal. I've found myself doing that thinking if i post it i will get heckled by the "too high" people. There are people on here as we can see that are on the low side and some on the high side. I do like to hear the difference's of opinion of value by both sides. It helps me to determine "my price" and in the end that's all that matters. Sorry Signguy I think I plagiarized and regurgitated a little.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:16:53 am by sc1101 » Logged

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 09:01:11 am »

Appearance also plays a big role in value.

With no picture we are left to assume it needs restoration, so $2350.00 for the machine plus restoration puts the owner at $6000.00 which is market rate.

A nice original, on the other hand, after a good cleaning, will sell on E-bay for $3,000 to $4,000 even with the interior flaws described.

Glen
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »

The biggest thing that gets me about the "too high" comments which makes me chime in on the subject so often is this.... it makes the machines worth less then they really are because they can't flip it for a profit or get it wolesale to restore it. This is contrary to what the fair market or going rate is, which is what the real value is.

Tim
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: