SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:51:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a bit of a Rant  (Read 11725 times)
SSmoothie
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 01:26:24 pm »

Yes this could be a mistake on his part, if not it would be nice to have a feedback area not only for the bad but the good sellers also.

Vendo 44
Firestone Refer (sold)
Westinghouse Master (sold)
Westinghouse Standard (sold)
Westinghouse Junior
Westinghouse Half Junior
2 Dole Super Dispensers
Coke Cooler
Some Signage
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »

well, I've always said... you get what you pay for.

Hope you get your parts there.. Pat.

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 01:51:35 pm »

Post his info and give him a chance to rectify it.

At a minimum, no one else gets burned if it wasn't an oversight.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 02:01:21 pm »

by not calling him out, you are protecting him and not protecting the honest members on here...if it was an intentional act
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 03:45:47 pm »

You guys love the smell of blood...

I would rather think it was an oversight and that anything done wrong will be put right without all the limelight.

Perhaps that's the Brit in me..

halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »

You guys love the smell of blood...

I would rather think it was an oversight and that anything done wrong will be put right without all the limelight.

Perhaps that's the Brit in me..

That's why I asked if the other person had responded to give a reason why the parts weren't included.
What was the reason?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 05:58:55 pm »

All right if we are going to have a fair fight lets have both sides in the ring.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 06:48:19 pm »

The problem with feedback on a forum such as this one, is that you run the risk of seriously unbalanced people leaving negative feedback for the silliest things, for example getting busy as we all do and not responding to a message withing 6 days  glare just saying... It would almost have to be monitored and I'm sure the moderators have way better and more important things to do then monitor members disputes, 99.9 % of every member I've ever talked to or had any type of dealings with on this forum have been great, mature intelligent adults, I just don't see the need for it ! However, with that being said, blatantly getting defrauded by another member or guest definitely warrants having there name outed so other good members don't eventually share the same faith !
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »

Sorry to be late to chime in on this one but I have been away from the site for a few days.  Finally closed a deal on a few parts with another member and got rid of a s**tload of packing material in the process.  Even made a killing on the shipping--great deal all the way around.   blush biggrin  laugh

Just yanking your chain Pat!

In all seriousness, I would never do that to another member.  I have sold parts, bought parts and even been given parts by other guys here and things have always worked out.  If this was not an oversight by the other member or some form of miscommunication, I think you need to call the person out.  Obviously, there are two sides to every story but throwing out a rant with a hint of "who done it" mixed in doesn't do anything to prevent these things from happening to somebody else.

On any deal big or small, it is akways a good idea to get it in writing.  Get specific pricing and what is included for that price.  That way there are no surprises over upcharges or parts not included, etc.  You wouldn't think you should have to do that on every little deal but these days, you never know.

My two cents anyway!

Tim
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 08:11:13 am »

My opinion with any conflict with someone else is "seek first to understand, then be understood" Don't assume anything. But i can't understand why you would pay his quoted shipping price and then find out after the fact it was cheaper than he quoted and be angry about it. Just seems odd to me. I'm sure the extra parts were an oversight but if it was intentional, shame on him. In any online transaction, there is a certain level of trust given to each party but that's just part of doing business.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print