SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 05:31:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nugrape Sign  (Read 12107 times)
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 02:21:42 pm »

Sellers don't understand the difference between asking price and selling price.  If it didn't sell for that amount the asking price is irrelevant.  I wouldn't deal with him either. That sign is not worth what he is now asking.

Greg
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:50 pm »

I am glad they did not waste my time and travel expenses.  They are about 45 minutes so at least I can be thankful for that.  I ddid tell them that a similar one is on ebay with a buy it now of $395 and it is not selling and they just said ok, thanks anyway.  I am pretty sure the only other original sign she had was the rusty ice cream sign and I am guessing that one will be overpriced also.  the rest look like junk
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:30 pm »

Well, the reality is that they are worth what someone is willing to pay, $600 for that sign isn't that bad from a retail price standpoint but a little high on craigslist. A LOT OF MEMBERS are flipping stuff they found on craigslist, just by putting it back on craigslist. Its a pretty good sign if you have 50 people email you in the first week on an item that you effed up your asking price. Sign values have gone through the roof and the reality is that will sell for a lot more then $120!!

As far as a similar one being on ebay for $400, why are you using that logic to get him down on price, but when he uses that logic to justify his asking price, everyone blasts him? It doesn't matter what another one sold for, that is total BS of a line that pisses me off and you know someone is totally full of crap when they are saying that...Why are you wasting my time if that one sold for less.. GO BUY IT!! Oh, wait, that one was beat and had $75 shipping also!!! If you are making me an offer, show me the cash.

Sorry you didn't get it if you wanted it, Sorry he figured out what it was really worth if you were flipping it.

Tim
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 04:46:36 pm »

You think its ok to advertise something for $120, lead someone on and then at the last minute say oh yeah this one is $600.  If the seller had either never had a starting price or before I went said something like, "oh I'm really sorry but I just found out it was way underpriced so $120 is no longer what I am willing to take".

I'm annoyed because I am fairly sure the seller put $120 in the spot where price goes with the sole intent of leading someone on.  I never begrudge someone for trying to get whatever they want for something but just be up front.  I wanted this sign for my collection, I already had a spot picked out so it isnt that I am mad that I cant flip it.

The ebay thing was just a reality check for what I feel is a seller justifying a new price with online sales.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 05:33:25 pm »

You think its ok to advertise something for $120, lead someone on and then at the last minute say oh yeah this one is $600.  If the seller had either never had a starting price or before I went said something like, "oh I'm really sorry but I just found out it was way underpriced so $120 is no longer what I am willing to take".

I'm annoyed because I am fairly sure the seller put $120 in the spot where price goes with the sole intent of leading someone on.  I never begrudge someone for trying to get whatever they want for something but just be up front.  I wanted this sign for my collection, I already had a spot picked out so it isnt that I am mad that I cant flip it.

The ebay thing was just a reality check for what I feel is a seller justifying a new price with online sales.

I would have to see the ad and how it was posted to judge a bait and switch and I'm not trying to start an argument. He emailed you and told you that his price before you wasted the gas.

Have you ever been taken advantage of when selling something? If you were selling it does that mean you have to sell it just because you priced it and after a ton of emails you realize it's too low? That's what I'm talking about.

Everybody points out all of the time ads that say no low balling... Wonder why they have to say that?!?!

There is a difference in being Walmart, bending people over, and effing them right up the corn hole and having a little bit of ethics and offering a fair price for their item.

If your buying to flip it, fine. Look them in the eye and tell them you buying it and your just going to resell, probably put it back Craig's List and mark it up without doing anything. Some people are happy just selling it.

There's nothing worse then cutting someone a deal for themself, then seeing it listed for sale giving them all of the profit. And a member tried some BS on me recently, I don't give a $hit what you saw one selling for 5 states away 6 months ago and try to bend me over and lowballing me...  twice!! When I'm selling it its worth a ton, when I want it I'm going to be a scumbag POS....

Tim
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »

I don't want to argue over this either I just felt like I was misled plain and simple.  Several people on the forum seemed interested in seeing where this deal went and I was just ending the thread.....and maybe venting a bit, lol.

Like I said before I dont care what people are asking for an item, if I post something I think is silly on here it is just so we can all enjoy a chuckle. 

What does bother me are sellers who dangle something out there and then raise the price 5X after someone shows some interest.

there was a barber chair I inquired about locally last week.  It was on craigslist for $200, after I inquired he said he was raising the price a little which I understood.  When I asked how much he said $1500, thats not a little.  The next day he had it on craigslist for $750.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »

It's a f@@k stick seller.
Not selling at advertised price only illegal "if" they have a biz license. Getting anyone to enforce that won't go anywhere. Sorry you had to deal with the BS.
Barber chairs are a major pain with nickel replate, leather seat replace, and they are very heavy. Make sure you really want one.
Creighton
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

I've had barber chairs before so I know how heavy they are.  i want a nice pair to use as seating in my game room.  Honestly if this barber chair guy told me I could have them for the original $200 I think I would tell him to get lost
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 01:58:18 am »

so it looks all the interest this seller had months ago was just more BS, the sign is relisted

http://allentown.craigslist.org/clt/3670912921.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: