SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:06:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie from South Texas  (Read 13084 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 08:46:59 pm »

I don't think it is fair for your 1st post should include pictures of machines we all here would want to own. Now that I got that off my chest, welcome. That 7UP 81 is very, very nice. True survivor.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 09:25:50 pm »

glare
I don't think it is fair for your 1st post should include pictures of machines we all here would want to own. Now that I got that off my chest, welcome. That 7UP 81 is very, very nice. True survivor.

I agree, Newbie???  glare

Tim
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:48:21 pm »

Welcome aboard, and real nice machines you got there!  I spent 4 years in Del Rio, TX but moved across the border to New Mexico a couple years ago.  Love the old Fords as well. 

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
buzz4041
5 Cent Member

Buzz's Shop

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:58 am »

Really nice machine love the 7up vmc 81 how long did you have this ?
Thanks for the warm welcome all.
I have only had the 81 for a month or so. It is going in for a full restoration as we speak. When it is done I will then have the 33 in for restoration.
Love the look of the VMC "It likes you" machine............very nice.  Welcome aboard buzz !!
Yes I agree with you I love this little machine but needed to be able to vend various flavors around the house so picked up the 81 after searching for ever.
Welcome Buzz!
Two machines I'd like to have in my collection. Did you get them in Texas?
No I got one in Ohio and one in fForida. No luck in my searches in Texas. They both took some serious negotiating but I am happy with my purchases and the rarity of these 2 machines were my motivation along with 7UP being my drink of choice.
Sorry for that but I knew you would enjoy seeing them.  smile
Welcome aboard, and real nice machines you got there!  I spent 4 years in Del Rio, TX but moved across the border to New Mexico a couple years ago.  Love the old Fords as well. 
Went through Del Rio on my way to LA roadster show last year in my Coupe. Talk about being on the boarder. I thought Corpus was close haha

VMC 33 7UP original
VMC 81 7UP original restored
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 06:54:18 am »

Is that 81 7up the one that was on Ebay for a long time, from Carl (I think that's his name) in Ohio?  He restors machines as well.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
buzz4041
5 Cent Member

Buzz's Shop

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:00:32 am »

Is that 81 7up the one that was on Ebay for a long time, from Carl (I think that's his name) in Ohio?  He restors machines as well.
Yes it is and we negotiated for a long time as the BIN just wasn't going to happen. I am real happy with our deal and Carl is to. He is going to do the restoration on it for me also.
 happydrinkers

VMC 33 7UP original
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:06:19 am »

Carl does do nice work. I think you will be very happy

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
buzz4041
5 Cent Member

Buzz's Shop

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 08:09:12 am »

Thanks for the encouraging words. My dealings with Carl have been great so far. We are going white just like original on the restoration.

VMC 33 7UP original
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 10:00:40 am »

As stated before, those are two nice originals. The reason you are getting so many compliments from members here, is that we all appreciate a well cared for machine as it just glows with history. We envy both your finds.
      If you had posted pictures of the same 2 machines after restoration........
well let's just say we see pictures of restored machines all the time, so yours would be no different.
      In other words, it's is only original once and machines similar to yours usually always demand a restoration.
     That being said, they are your machines and will look great restored, especially if they are going to be inside the house.
     Welcome to the group and keep us posted.

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 10:05:22 am »

I agree with the above... but at least he's doing the all white resto.

Sometimes too machines look better on a picture than in person, and if a machine is to go in a beautiful rec room, or family room, having it in it's natural state usually does not fly with the mrs. of this board lol.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: