SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 12:51:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago show in a couple weeks!  (Read 12288 times)
smith
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »

Are there any shows like that, on the West coast? Are there great deal at these shows, or just hard to find items? Thanks Mike
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 03:44:47 pm »

Mike , not really sure on anything out west this would be a good time for Glen(moondawg)
  or Creighton to jump in on that one  And what these guy's come up with in the picture that they take   it looks cool. John or Eric or some of the other guy could tell you better.
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 03:52:01 pm »

Portland just has a auto-show in April that is huge and has a lot of vending stuff to be found. Also, Portland has an antique show in March and June that are pretty big and you can find machines there...but nothing like the Chicago show.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 06:12:07 pm »

Note to any newbies to the show in Chicago. If you see something you like/want or looking for try to haggle. Ya get the chance to buy it, buy it. Soooo many times I've heard/seen people say I'm gonna go back to that guy and buy it. %90 of the time it's gone.

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 08:00:27 pm »

I agree 100% with that! If you see something, you like it and really want it, buy it! You have to be quick when it comes to the more popular items.

A few years ago MCarter and I literally watched as a certain person (Orange Crush 81 anybody?) ran around and placed his business card on machines, Stoner Jr's in particular, and this meant that it was his and the sellers honored this.

Also, if you plan on buying something large, large enough that you won't want to lug it around the entire time, PARK AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN! laugh

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »

Chicago is a lot of fun... everyone seems to team up with someone for a while and walk the lot... watching
for things for others... calling each other on cell phones... then as time goes on and hands are still empty everyone becomes on their own!

Past couple years I've enjoyed helping John spend his money or watching a “ parking lot veteran” like Neil swoop in and pick up a sweet OC cooler.
And yes.... you see something don't think long cause there's literally a 100+ guys right behind you and
then the guy in front of you coming back for it.

Another bit of advice to anyone new going... don't feel intimidated... see somthing without a price ASK!!!
A few years ago I passed a Heinz Pepsi cooler several times cause it didn't have a price so I thought it was gonna be high! Well it wasn't.... $100!!!! Already sold!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:30:24 pm »

Mike,
Where are you located? I only know SF Bay Area north to WA. Not much. Glen and others will know So-Cal. Will try and check out the Portland shows. Here on the left side of nowhere it's Craigslist to find anything.
Creighton
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 10:34:17 pm »

I'm sure the deals nowadays aren't anything like years ago, but yes there are still deals here and there, but not like truckloads of V81's for $100 each or anything like that.  But definatly quite a selection of stuff.. if your just getting into the hobby and have some fun money stashed away.. it can be spent very quickly... Definatley have to act fast as Eric Said, he has seen me walk by stuff and say maybe and and then a guy right behind me buy it.. but that is half the fun and quite a rush too!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
smith
10 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 10:48:14 am »

Creighton, East of Bakersfield, 50 miles, in Lake Isabella. Mike
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 11:44:45 am »

Welcome Mike!  I am in Ventura and another member (Terry) is in Tehachape. Have you looked into Pomona swap meet comming up ...... April 25 I believe.

Glen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: