SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 11:31:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Coming Home!!!!!!  (Read 10417 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: October 01, 2009, 06:10:38 am »

Well I have great news. When I was home last time I met up with an old girlfriend of mine and we fell in love all over again. Actually she is not just any old girlfriend she was my first girlfriend and my first love and even first kiss. We first started dating in 6th grade when we were 12 years old. We dated off and on for 5 years until I switched schools then shortly later moved away to college. Well she just spent two weeks with me here in Singapore and I asked her the big question and she said YES!!! I have been discussing it with my dad and we have decided that I will move home the second week of January 2010!!! At first we are going to stay in Ohio but we will soon move to Indianapolis as I think I am going to go work for my grandpa in his trucking company and help him to expand. I can't wait to be back home. And I can't wait to buy another Coke machine or 12 Smiley Well I just wanted to share the good news. I will keep everyone updated as plans get set. Here are a few pictures of us on Vacation. We went to Bintan Indonesia for 6 days. The Elephant is part of a nature reserve on the resort. They rescue animals that are either caught being illegally exported or abused.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 06:33:23 am »

Congratualtions to both of you Josh, and let me also way, Welcome back. Ok,  I'm early =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:42:57 am »

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations Josh!!! That's great news. Please pass on all of our collective congrat's to your bride-to-be.

Now on to serious business  Cool

Indianapolis, huh? That's awfully close to my stomping grounds! Too cool, maybe we can hook up sometime after you get settled. Who knows, maybe we do some "hunting" together!  biggrin

Again, congratulations!!

Brian
wampdawg
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30:13 am »

Congratulations!

Wamp

Cornelius Compact 72 (My 1st in the works)
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:36:03 am »

Congratulations!

After being in Indonesia don't you think the winters up North are a little extreme.
Ginger Prince
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:44:07 am »

congratulations

itll soon be the new year!

GP in England
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:11:20 am »

Congrats on both accounts Josh! I know you have been missing good ol' USA for a while and the 'hobby' probably more. In the meantime, watch out for vans!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:59:40 am »

Congrats Josh! thats awesome news..

I guess you are feeling better.. last time you were home you weren't doing so well...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 04:15:07 pm »

Awesome Josh ! ! !
Just stay healthy and get state-side safely ! ! !
Oh yea, congrats on your proposal ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 05:26:03 pm »

Congrats!!!
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 11:32:33 pm »

Thank you everyone! I am very excited. I am making a lot of changes in my life. Heather just helped me to fight the terrible addiction that comes with long term pain killer usage. I have been on Oxycontin 60 mg/ day for 2.5 years. I still have a lot of pain but I had to get away from the medication. It's nasty stuff. She helped me break free from that while she was here and I have never felt better. Everyone please no matter how bad you hurt never start taking opiate pain killers long term!

I am very much looking forward to being home. I am not looking forward to the cold though. I have gotten used to the weather here Smiley

Brian, I am looking forward to being close to you. It will be fun working on machines together and having a good old friend so close Smiley
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 11:34:17 pm »

Well Josh Congrats on the great news all around  happydrinkers.
It will be good to have you back in the States smile.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 12:00:01 am »

Josh,
Glad you are off the Oxycontin. Very bad stuff. Just get plenty of excercise and you will be fine.
Best wishes!!
Creighton
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 07:04:56 am »

We all wish you well and are glad to hear the good news!!  Keep us posted...

Bob
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 07:40:34 am »

Holy crap!  Guys, start buying what you can now, because when Josh get's back to this side of the Date Line, there will be nothing left! biggrin biggrin tounge

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS Josh and Heather!  Also, I am glad to hear you are off the pain meds.  Like Creighton said, get plenty of exercise.  Loading a machine or 100 in your truck will help.  Does the Mrs. Josh-to-be like the machines? hopefull
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:42:48 am by 90grad » Logged

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 11:17:08 am »

Hello Josh, Great to hear your coming back! Hopefully mine and Glen's picking area is out of your reach. LOL

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 11:58:20 am »

Congrats all the way around, Josh!  I know you will be glad to be back, and enjoy all the positive changes in your life!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 07:01:26 pm »

Josh, Congratulations on both fronts, I'm sure you'll enjoy being home chasing machines again.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 10:51:44 pm »

Thanks again everyone. And yes Heather is really into my collecting. She is even looking forward to learning about the machines and working on them with me. She is just happy that my favorite pass time and hobby keeps me in the garage and not in a bar. Now I just need to decide what I am going to do. Its probably 50/50 that I will go to Indy. I would like to work with Grandpa but i am tired of owning my own company. Too much stress. I would really like to have a normal job however I hear jobs are hard to find in the US right now. We will move anywhere that work takes me. I would like Indy or Ohio but its so darn cold and I don't know how my hip will do in the cold. And one good fall could be disastrous. Oh well we will see. I just can't wait to be home!!!!

wampdawg
5 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2009, 09:08:23 am »

Thanks again everyone. And yes Heather is really into my collecting. She is even looking forward to learning about the machines and working on them with me. She is just happy that my favorite pass time and hobby keeps me in the garage and not in a bar. Now I just need to decide what I am going to do. Its probably 50/50 that I will go to Indy. I would like to work with Grandpa but i am tired of owning my own company. Too much stress. I would really like to have a normal job however I hear jobs are hard to find in the US right now. We will move anywhere that work takes me. I would like Indy or Ohio but its so darn cold and I don't know how my hip will do in the cold. And one good fall could be disastrous. Oh well we will see. I just can't wait to be home!!!!

If you end up near the Richmond, IN area let me know.  Could use someone nearby with a good knowledge of the machines.

Wamp

Cornelius Compact 72 (My 1st in the works)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 07:23:34 am »

I am so excited to come home I can't hardly stand it! This will be the longest holiday season of all time. I am not sure about working for Grandpa. I am thinking about going and looking for a job first. We are willing to go anywhere east of the mississippi and south of columbus or indianapolis. I just wanted to add this just in case. Is anyone themselves or know someone who is hiring an operations manager, bUsiness manager or business development manager? I have great operations and business management skills with a bachelors degree in aeronautical science/ Air Traffic Management with a minor in business management from Embry Riddle Aeronautical Universtity in Daytona Florida. I have over three years experience in running a small company and taking it from a $100,000 per year company to $3,000,000 per year company in just three years and managed a staff of over 20 people. If your company is thinking of expanding into Asia or wamts to work more in Asia Then I have a lot to offer. I have extensive contacts in all areas throughout Singapore, China, Hong Kong, Thailand and in the Philippines.

I hate to use this site as a recruitment tool but who knows. If I don't do it someone will say down the road "I wish you would have said something".
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »

Congratulations Josh...there's no place like home!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 07:15:45 pm »

I wish you could do that for my plumbing business. I could afford to retire and let you run it. laugh
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:58 pm »

Hey Josh,
Look into Silicon Valley (San Jose, CA. area). No worries about cold weather. Housing is high and the traffic sucks but it's a great place in many other aspects. Loved just about every minute of the 14 yrs I spent in the sun. PM if you have any questions. Have many friends still there.
Creighton
Great resume BTW!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: