SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 05:16:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coke cooler with water fountain?  (Read 13046 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 09:15:36 pm »

You can get lead in the water from lead water pipe they used from the mains to the house.They use to get poisoned from pewter plates and mugs years and years ago.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 11:35:35 pm »

Ok never mind then. Yes you can get copper poisoning. Its a long story but my Dad got it bad once from drinking coors beer back in the day. Thats a really long story
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 06:38:44 pm »

Wow! I would never have thought that to be an issue.

Anyway, if the machines gets bought, please post pictures of the water fountain and the coils. I have never seen an ice cooler with a water fountain. I think it is interesting find. $500.00 might be a little steep in todays market.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 06:00:50 pm »

I also find it hard to believe you can get poisoning from copper pipes. If that were the case every builder of new  homes would be in court right now fighting lawsuits.  better check your daddys story again
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 07:11:16 pm »

Bad beer, Sure.  All the ushers, myself included in my sister's wedding  got food poisoning from what we think was caused by dirty lines from the keg  at the deli we all stopped at.
Up until the early 80's, Coors needed to refrigerated ( Remember Smoky & the Bandit??) before they changed their brewing process ( and the reason it wasn't sold  east of the  Mississippi, so I've been told), so Coors  could have caused  illness, but i have to  dispute the copper poisoning.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 08:47:44 pm »

Yep it was from coors. Him and a buddy of his loaded up a uhaul with it at the first bottler they could find it at and it made them sick as hell but later in life he found out about the copper poisoning when our doc did a work-up of his blood and hair and found high levels of copper. here are some links to description to copper poisoning.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002496.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_4454716_spot-copper-poisoning.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 12:30:59 am »

neither article mentions copper poisoning from drinking water thru copper water supply lines.  I have never worked in or plan on working in a copper mine so i guess i'll be otay spanky tounge
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 01:02:57 am »

No I am not arguing that coper water line will cause copper poisoning. I didn't even think about house water lines being copper. I just know that the line I used was special for use with liquids for consumption and I am pretty sure is was plastic lined. I just figured that was the reason.

I totally agree that you cannot get copper poisoning from copper pipes. And there is no way of telling if that is actually what made my dad have high levels of copper in his body. They went through different occurrences in his life with the doctor and the doctor said that it was the beer incident that caused it.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2009, 07:30:04 pm »

You can get copper poisoning if you run any carbonated beverage through copper lines, the carbonic-acid reacts with the copper to form copper carbonate ( the evil twin of good old sodium bicarbonate/baking soda) which will make you sick as hell, with flu-like symptoms, fever, nausea, the porcelain-trots..etc etc...  this is why you NEVER use copper lines with any soda-fountain serving system, if the back-flow device fails, the carbonated water will back into the copper supply lines & flushes back trough the system into your favorite beverage, so use stainless-steel or food grade high pressure plastic supply lines  for your water to the carbonator & syrup lines.

this isn't an issue with potable water fountains. such as this case.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: