SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 01:10:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of free vend switch hooked to jones plug?  (Read 24582 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 07:22:56 am »

This thread may be helpful.  There are wiring diagrams and several Q & A about the topic.

http://soda-machines.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/topic,871.0/

happydrinkers

Tim
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 10:09:39 am »

Hope he can help, this thing is driving me crazy.
Every time I think I have it all setup and working the way I want it.  I find something else odd, about it (lol)

Right now it's a change machine  biggrin

Sounds like your Coinco 9800/A series coinmech has a power supply issue that may be  causing the CPU/chip to overcount/ miscount the coins, remove the slug rejector & make sure you really & truly have the price switches set for 5-cents, first switch should be up & the rest of the other switches should all be down. then carefully trigger the nickel switches wisker-wire with your finger & see if it counts properly, then try to manually drop a dime down the dime-slot, & see if it gives back a nickel in change, then try the quarter slot, etc.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
stevensugg
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 07:12:29 pm »

Thanks... I have played around with this a bit and think I understand how it works. Momentaritly connecting pins 1 and 3 trips the relay/solenoid, which stays tripped until you select a soda.

I have a question, though. Connecting pins 1 and 7 does not seem to have any effect. Based on some previous posts, I was hoping that connecting 1 and 7 would "lock out" any coins.

My machine's normal behavior is to accept 50 cents and then if you put in any additional coins, they just fall through to the coin return, until you select a soda. Momentarily connecting 1 and 3 makes the machine act the same way. If you put in coins after tripping the relay, they just fall through until you select a soda. So far so good.

However, based on some earlier posts, I was hoping that shorting pins 1 and 7 (persistently, not momentarily) would provide the same behavior. I thought I understood that it would "lock out" the coins and they would just fall through, the same way as described above. However, connecting pins 1 and 7 on my machine does not seem to have any effect. It still accepts 50 cents and then locks out additional coins - basically the same behavior as if pins 1 and 7 were not connected. Did I misunderstand or is my machine behaving differently for some reason?

I'm trying to do something a little different with my machine. My machine (Vendo 475) is in my business - a print shop - and I want to be able to put the machine in "pay" mode or "free" mode using a keyed switch. I was hoping that the switch would, among other things, enable the momentary pushbutton to trip the relay and get free soda, but also connect pins 1 and 7 and lockout anyone from putting money in the machine - like if they didn't realize it was in "free vend" mode. I will upload some pictures and schematics of the circuit I designed for this, but if anyone can shed some light on the issue described above re: pins 1 and 7, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: