SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 03:16:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoration Possible?  (Read 7241 times)
fuji269
« on: February 15, 2008, 10:34:32 pm »

I am about to pursue restoration of a couple of my 4 antique coke machines.  I was wondering if anyone could advise the possibility of fixing a machine that is missing part of it's chasis as pictured in the attached picture of my Vendo V39.  Is this feasible?
Thank you.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 10:45:18 pm »

Hey, if most or all of the parts are there and you know a good sheet metal man it is well worth fixing.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 10:52:21 pm »

Anything is possible, given enough time and money, so the question is how much  effort are you willing to put into it?
That said, I have a special place in my heart for 39's, and like Yarochrehc mentioned, if you know a good  sheet metal worker, I'd give it serious thought. Too many machines have been lost through the years, and if there is a chance to preserve  a piece of history, and have fun  while you are doing it, it will make the results all that more spectacular

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 11:11:06 pm »

A cabinet for a 39 should not be to hard to find. Seems like they are on eBay all the time missing drums, doors etc...
That one looks worth saving!!
Welcome to the board as well.
Creighton
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:12:55 pm by Creighton » Logged
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 11:12:21 pm »

Ive got an extra 39 cabinet I ould cut out what you need coke_and_stuff@yahoo.com

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:17:18 am »

I suggest using a doner cabinet. The shipping for a cabinet will be less than paying a shop to fix that much damage. Save the rest of the machine and use a stripped cabinet.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 10:08:43 am »

Yeah I agree... work out a deal with Joey and just have the whole cabinet Joey has shipped... I wouldn't cut any of it out or off... you'd save time and $$$ in the long run....
I think 39s are THE Coke machine. Keep us posted here!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:58:43 am »

Anyone remember that picture of the soda machine that had sat in a swamp for years... I think it was a junior. Someone here managed to restore that... Just goes to prove that almost nothing is unsalvageable.

Whether or not it will turn a dollar is another matter...

fuji269
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 07:08:55 pm »

Thank you all for your wonderful answers and support.  I am all for saving things for history! I will pursue this restoration.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 10:12:27 pm »

I would replace the cabinet as well.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
pyro3256

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 10:33:36 pm »

i have expirence in sheetmetal work in auto restoration. paint and body work aplys to all metal work. that is fikable replacement would be easy, and fast. but i would not scrap that. im new to vending machines but from all the pics i've seen they are all just boxes some have a rounded edge or curved face but these are not complex curvers or shapes. a simple box break and shrinker stretcher could make replacement panels for any machine. these are simple repairs for any auto body guy. ask around you will find someone. horse trading always helps. and don't go to main line body shops they do colision repair. they dont care! go to a hotrod shop. they will think its cool or atleast listen to you.

My advise to you is to start drinking heavily.(Aniamal house)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: