SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 07:35:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coke Action cooler disassembly  (Read 3849 times)
cwend
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:04 am »

Just got a Action coke picnic cooler I am going to strip down and restore. Problem is I cant figure out how to remove the galvanized liner. Seems like it will have to come out to get the handle off and to be able to knock out dents and paint the outer easier. Does it come out easily and Im just not seeing the light? The pic isnt my cooler, but its the same type
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:04:53 am »

To get the handle off you just have to take each end and pull out and up. The liner is very hard to get out. Normally when restoring them you leave the liner in. It can be removed, but will take some grinding. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress with pictures.
 Please post photos!

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:22:35 am »

If the dents aren't too big/bad you can remove the corner guards and possably push the dents out using
rods and bars.. similar to what body shop guys use in paintless dent removal.... there's a shop here
and one guy uses golf club looking bars to push out the hail dents in cars. but again it depends on the
size of the dents and if you can get to them.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:14 pm »

From your picture, that looks too nice to restore.  Just my opinion but I would rather have a nice original that a perfect restoration. Is the liner in good shape?

Greg
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 01:36:54 pm »

The pic isn't the cooler he's restoring =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 01:42:33 pm »

Guess I should have read the last line.  I couldn't imagine anyone stripping that down.

Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: