SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 11:55:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 D restore advice  (Read 4021 times)
KennyG

« on: February 11, 2012, 07:36:06 pm »

I am reassembling my 1st machine.  I have looked at many finished restoration pictures you have pointed me to. But I have noticed a couple of common things that I need to ask advice on.  I have noticed:

1) I have never seen the heater assembly reinstalled. and
2) I have never seen the coin box mounting plate and lock reinstalled. (The one that locks the coin catcher)

Are they left out for pics or because they are not necessary anymore?
Thanks
Ken
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:40:32 pm »

I left both out of mine when I did it.  I guess it depends on how "original" you want to be.  The mech heater was there for outdoor use.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:31:54 am »

I never reinstall the heater, for one they are not needed unless your going to put your newley restored machine outside of your house in the rain and the snow and sell out of it... plus they could be an electrical problem waiting to happen.

In all the machines I have had, and restored, I have not run across one with the lock on the actual coin box... and if I did, I would not reinstall as machines are generally used for personal use these days and just an added inconveinance in my opionion...

good luck on your restoration, feel free to look at photos on my website for some ideas,guidance or comparisions..

John
www.popmachineshop.com

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
KennyG

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:17:25 am »

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

John,
I have used your site already. Great site, pics, and info. I can only hope my machine comes out half as good as the ones you do.
Ken
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 12:33:04 pm »

You could always install the heater, but not tie the wiring in behind the door. It would give the appearance, but not have the functionality.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
KennyG

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

Great idea! I was going to put the lock and mounting plate back on for the coin box but just leave it unlocked.  I will also use your suggestion for the heater too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: