SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 09:14:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wesinghouse r-1 coolerette  (Read 5469 times)
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« on: September 03, 2003, 08:44:06 pm »

Has anyone had experience with this unit. It just barely cools and needs freon. I'm half tempted to try to add a fill valve and give it some freon. On the other hand I thought it would be cool to refinish it inside out. But it might be best to ship it to Eric complete, that way He would have the machine to size everything to fit with new cooling and it's light enough to ship reasonibly. I've checked around and can't find a service manual on it. Anyone know who'd have one?

Missouri
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 09:27:23 pm »

Heres some pics! I emailed Eric. I'll let you guys/gals know!

Missouri
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 09:27:35 pm »

Does the refrigeration unit have any model numbers on ID plate...?
Perhaps, I can dig up some refrigeration documentation if you can locate this info...  Otherwise, this may be difficult to locate...

My six cents,

Jim

audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 09:29:02 pm »

It's Model R-1 Part # Y388886

Missouri
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 09:29:57 pm »

Here's another pic

Missouri
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 09:34:53 pm »

Hope I'm not stacking the server! Thanks for the help. It looks as if the cooling unit can be removed in one piece. The top has a lid that shimmys off exposing a sheetmetal plate thats caulked. Under it lies the cooling unit. That I believes will come out in 1 piece with the compressor and cooling fins on back. I would just have to build a jig to ship it, This would allow Me to sand blast the whole box and really do a nice job of refinishing it complete. It's not a coke machine per say but it's only 33" tall and about 14" wide and 16" deep. It make a great conversation piece next to the pool table!

Missouri
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 09:36:27 pm »

I know about the R-1 on the ID Tag, but doesn't the condensor plate have an ID Plate w/ the model number on it as well...?

My six cents,

Jim

audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 09:36:58 pm »

Quote (Jim @ Sep. 03 2003,10:27)
Does the refrigeration unit have any model numbers on ID plate...?
Perhaps, I can dig up some refrigeration documentation if you can locate this info...  Otherwise, this may be difficult to locate...

Jim I'll check and see if the cooling plate has anything on it. The actual model # plate on the back of the machine I posted also listed the pressures.

Missouri
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 09:41:53 pm »

I'll be willing to bet it has a westinhouse refrigeration unit which should have an ID tag similar to those used on the outside of machines... I understand what you're saying about the model tag includeing the test pressures... Perhaps the refrigeration unit is also R-1...?  I'll take a look tomorrow when I get home if you don't come up with any additional info...

Don't worry about too many photos... You can't put a price on education ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 11:58:08 pm »

The compressor is a Westinghouse and there is no tag on the base. Thanks for the help Jim!

Missouri
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: