SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 07:52:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transporting soda machine question  (Read 4059 times)
« on: July 07, 2003, 02:19:43 pm »

Hello, recently moved a used machine home and for some reason it will not cool now. The machine was unplugged a couple of days before moving (and it worked then). I moved it in the back of a pickup truck laying down on its back. Got it home plugged it in and it did not cool. So I uplugged it for a couple of days and let it sit. Plugged it back in and it still didn't work. Seems that the bottom unit with the fan does not work, there is an upper unit that does run though. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Jim Jarvis
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 05:12:02 pm »

Jim,

After the move, was the machine left upright for several hours or did you plug it in right after the move?

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 05:17:04 pm »

It was not left upright for more than an hour or two before I plugged it in. It then ran for maybe a day before I unplugged it again. Could this have damaged it beyond repair? Or do you think that I should try something else?

Lemme know, Thanks for responding
Jim Jarvis
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 08:51:20 am »

Hello all! I think that I have fixed my problem. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the fan on the compressor wouldn't turn. When I layed it on its back in transit some of the copper tubing was pushed back into the unit jamming the fan. I gently bent the tubing back and made sure nothing else was in the way. When I plugged it in and turned the temp. setting to the coldest it could go it kicked on. This morning the contents was nice and cold! Thanks for all your help.

Jim Jarvis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: