SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 10:32:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refrigeration repair  (Read 3585 times)
« on: May 27, 2003, 11:16:55 pm »

I have an old coke machine Cavalier CS-96 in my garage which has worked for years.

All of a sudden it is not cooling, compressor is on.  I assume it needs freon, or has leak.

Question, can any refrigeration technician fill Freon or repair  one of these machines?

I am in the Chicago area.

Thanks,
John
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 07:45:40 am »

Just relocating this topic to the appropriate Discussion Area...

If you locate a good refrigeration technician that has worked on these types of systems, he should have no problem diagnosing and reparing the system.

You might consider a little assistance from this Discussion Area by providing a little more info...
How do you know the compressor is running?  Is the condensor fan running too(fan in the bottom compartment)?
Has the system ever been serviced previously or has added a line tap on one of the freon lines?

My six cents,

Jim

globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2003, 09:22:48 pm »

Is the compressor not coming on or simply not cooling? Does the compressor try to start then "click"? When you call for the compressor to come on, check to see if the lower condenser fan motor starts as well. The lower fan and the compressor are wired together via the thermostat. If you hold the lower fan motor, you should be able to hear the compressor run. If nothing comes on, check the thermostat and make sure it's working properly. It breaks one side of the hot lead to the compressor/fan motor.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: