SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:51:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 3748 times)
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:06:33 pm »

I got my Vendo 90 running, it died, found out it was the thermostat.  I changed thermostats and it works like a dream.   However it seems to cycle about every ten minutes.  Compare to my refridgerator it seems like it is way too often.  Any ideas on what is "normal" and how to correct it?

Justin
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 10:18:30 pm »

Is the machine full of soda? I know that soda is a great insulator and will make the machine more efficient. Also is there any leaks in the machine. Like a door seal. If so that would be the problem.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 12:13:33 pm »

No sodas in it yet, I have doing some test runs before.  I can't notice any air leakage around the seals.  Justin
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 07:42:49 pm »

Quote (JustinBoots @ April 10 2005,11:06)
I got my Vendo 90 running, it died, found out it was the thermostat.  I changed thermostats and it works like a dream.   However it seems to cycle about every ten minutes.  Compare to my refridgerator it seems like it is way too often.  Any ideas on what is "normal" and how to correct it?

Justin

Where did you get the Theromstat? & did it come with a Spec. sheet (specification & information guide) that specifies the cut-in & cut-out & temperature range of the thermostat?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 07:46:58 pm »

put on a Robertshaw 3040 cold control unit from my local refridgeration supply house.  The only specs on it are FL = 20 amps  LR = 96 amps.  Justin
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 08:12:59 am »

Justin,

You need to know if the thermostat is a "contact" style or an "air probe" style. If it is an air sensor style and is making contact with the evaporator coil tubing, it will read the coil temperature and not the box temperature resulting in compressor "short cycle". Try moving the probe placement around and see if that helps.

The other thing is to have a full box as Loman had suggested. If the box is full of product, it will hold temperature for longer periods between compressor cycles.

Eric

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: