SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 02:52:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New cord  (Read 7380 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: January 20, 2010, 10:10:14 pm »

Anyone know how to replace the cord on a Vendorlator VF-165?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:21:57 pm »

Not having a manual in front of me, I would follow the current cord back to where it terminates, usually a junction block, and remove the cover and replace each wire one at a time so you don't forget which went where... Sometimes distractions such a phone call or a visitor can cause us to loose track...

My six cents,

Jim

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:30:24 pm »

How do I remove the cover? It looks like there is a screw on the top with a wire screwed to it. If I take the screw out do you think the cover would come off? I could always try it and see. Just unplug it first. What would be a good wire to use? I can get wire at the hardware store I just need to know what gauge I need.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 08:34:05 pm »

12-14 ga wire is fine.. You may even find a pre-made power cord with a molded plug at HD or Lowes.. Otherwise, standard SJO cord is fine..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:42:00 pm »

12-14 ga wire is fine.. You may even find a pre-made power cord with a molded plug at HD or Lowes.. Otherwise, standard SJO cord is fine..
Ok cool. I think I am going to use the same plug that is on there. The plastic is a little scratched up but I have had it open and it is in good shape and it would be cheaper for me to get the wire. Thanks guys! I will try that soon.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:39:37 pm »

12 gauge is over-kill, original equipment was 16 gauge, but I always use 14 gauge because it allows for a longer cord, Lowes hardware has a nice 10-foot black 14-gauge extension cord for about $9.95, just perfect for this application, just cut off the end with the three-sockets.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: