SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 10:41:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on my Coke chests  (Read 3241 times)
cpuryear

« on: October 09, 2013, 10:37:05 pm »

I have some Coke chests that I don't know much about.  Could anyone identify the model names for me?
The one on the right has rusted through some places on the bottom so I don't think its a keeper.  If anyone needs some parts from it, just let me know.
I'd like to use the middle one occasionally -- but does it even make sense to restore these?  I imagine the inside metal could be powder coated.  Are these things even worth using these days?

Also, the Squirt wooden box is something I've had for years.  Do people even collect those things?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 07:19:39 am »

The cooler on the left is a Cavalier Senior, and on the right is a Progress A50.

I would not restore or scrap either one of them, they display very well just the way they are.

The Squirt box would be of interest to Squirt collectors I'm sure.

Welcome to the site.

Glen
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:25:58 pm »

They look great just like they are, But the last time I used one of my coolers on a road trip I was shocked at how much it sweated. They were not made to haul around in a nice car full of ice.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest