SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 11:18:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Top Shooting Gallery  (Read 6415 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: December 18, 2007, 08:07:42 am »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BIG-TOP-SHOOTING-GALLERY_W0QQitemZ170179130695QQihZ007QQcategoryZ575QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Found this on Ebay in UK... Does anyone have any knowledge of this game. Is it from the same era as the cowboy themed ones that have been mentioned here before...

Any help gratefully appreicated. Seller is not too co-operative..

Cheers

Dave
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 09:20:44 am »

I'd probably chase it if it stays low enough.. It looks pretty cool! Thats a shame the seller is a butthead.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 09:22:32 am by bubba » Logged

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 06:52:26 am »

Dave,

I have the much, much earlier version of that game called "U.S. Marshal" it was made by a company called ABT & J.F. Frantz. With the model in the auction they basically improved the game by adding the metal skirts that go around the bottom portion of the game and they added the gumball/toy dispenser to the top. Very simple and clever operation.

The gun loads small ball bearings via gravity feed and the player pulls the trigger and trys to knock down the target that is showing thus increasing the players score accordingly. The gun design has remained the same since about 1925.

All in all they are very fun games to play and kids love it.

Brian
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 06:59:53 am »

Here's a few pictures of my game. The coin door, lockdown bar, and gun/coin slide were removed for maintenance.

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 07:00:16 am »

Ha Brian

I knew there was someone here that had one...
Will watch it and throw a bid in at the end. Maybe I'll be lucky..

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 07:03:25 am »

Good luck on the auction, let us know how it turns out. If, I mean,when you do win  biggrin If you need any parts for it, there's a guy named Roger that runs an outfit called Crow River Trading Company. He specializes in these game and has even picked up the nickname of "Mr. ABT" because of his expert knowledge of these games and especially the gun.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: