SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 07:45:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette popcorn machine N.O.S.  (Read 32559 times)
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 10:50:25 am »

I have been sitting idle for a for days now gritting my teeth over whats been going on here. Trying not to jump in.
  Since this thread is becoming so long I feel compelled to add my 2 cents. I've met several guys from the group over the last few years at the Chicago Show. Matt, Brian B, Eric, Signguy, and Seven181. All top notch guys. I know Bubba(Ken), who lives nearby. And Jeff(Mr.Soda) is a close personal friend. I know Curtis(MemoryLane), and also Mark Gross. I have helped several guys with picking things up, buying, selling, and most importantly finding and fixing machines and parts.
   I feel we should always try to focus on the positive, especially in a public forum such as this. There is no need to blast anyone here, or jump to conclusions. This forum exists to help promote a hobby we all love. If we chose to share information that may be negative,whether it be supported by fact or just contrived, lets do it privately.
  That being said..... I'm going to stand up and apologize to everyone for everyone else and lay this issue to rest. Lets start the New Year off right.
  tom is a great guy, when ever you need help  with a machine he is always willing to help. He has helped me get a few rare things from shows and also helped me move many machines, as long as you feed him lots of  sushi
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 11:20:10 am »

...as long as you feed him lots of sushi
Sounds like a man after my own heart!

I'm going to stand up and apologize to everyone for everyone else and lay this issue to rest. Lets start the New Year off right.
I second the vote now!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 11:39:45 am »

I agree to drop the issue, BUT I just want to clarify that Kim, the owner of Custom Records, was the one who had the original two N.O.S. Popperettes for sale a few months ago.  He picked them up in Indiana. 

This guy must have bought them off of Kim.  Kim pulled the machines from the original auctions and told me that he sold both machines to someone in Minnesota.  I am ASSUMING these would be the same machines.  I have pictures of one machine and its serial number  was two numbers off of Mr. Gross's Popperete's number.  The odds of four N.O.S. machines with numbers which are that close are astronomical.  I asked Mr. Gross if he bought these from Kim, he said he did not.  He said that he bought them locally, six years ago.  I still find that hard to believe, but I really don't care.

The reason I'm throwing in my two cents is because the focus seems to be about this guy pulling the machines twice.  This is his first time that I can see that he stopped the auction.  Right or wrong you decide.  I personally don't appreciate anyone ending an auction early for any reason.  If it is already up for sale at a local store, don't put it on Ebay.

A lot of stuff.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 03:07:55 pm »

Tom you bring up some good points! I have been burned by Greedbay a few times and this issues seems fishy. I made my apologie and I move on from here. I just hate to see someone (Jeff) with the highest bid and then have it pulled and then told he could buy it again??? Strange things are happening! By the way, if anyone ever finds me a VMC 88 or 149 Embossed 7up I will be forever grateful to you!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 06:37:39 pm »

What a great group! just re-reading.... we stick together!
If you're a guest lurking on this site and sell on ebay....
Be honest stick and to the sale....
Everyone have a great New Years Eve!!!!!! happydrinkers
Come on Quikold 2008!!!!!! WHOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!  happydrinkers happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Mark Gross
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 07:47:10 pm »

tom is a great guy, when ever you need help  with a machine he is always willing to help. He has helped me get a few rare things from shows and also helped me move many machines, as long as you feed him lots of  sushi
I agree to drop the issue, BUT I just want to clarify that Kim, the owner of Custom Records, was the one who had the original two N.O.S. Popperettes for sale a few months ago.  He picked them up in Indiana. 

This guy must have bought them off of Kim.  Kim pulled the machines from the original auctions and told me that he sold both machines to someone in Minnesota.  I am ASSUMING these would be the same machines.  I have pictures of one machine and its serial number  was two numbers

off of Mr. Gross's Popperete's number.  The odds of four N.O.S. machines with numbers which are that close are astronomical.  I asked Mr. Gross if he bought these from Kim, he said he did not.  He said that he bought them locally, six years ago.  I still find that hard to believe, but I really don't care.

The reason I'm throwing in my two cents is because the focus seems to be about this guy pulling the machines twice.  This is his first time that I can see that he stopped the auction.  Right or wrong you decide.  I personally don't appreciate anyone ending an auction early for any reason.  If it is already up for sale at a local store, don't put it on Ebay.

Hello Larry
   Seems as though you don't want to drop it. Still worried about where the machine came from? Find it hard to believe it wasn't a machine that was offer months ago by someone else? But like you said, "you really don't care"  Could of fooled me! Stir the pot a little more Larry. Oh, but thats right, you really don't care do you! What a joke. Why do pople like you, and others feel like they have to always stick there noses where it doesn't belong. And then come back with something like................. but I really don't care! Grow up! 
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 10:22:38 pm »

Can't we all just get along?  biggrin

Brian
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 11:58:30 pm »

+1 on that Brian.
Creighton
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up