SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 08:43:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette popcorn machine N.O.S.  (Read 32562 times)
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 08:26:14 am »

Off the subject a bit, but, Welcome aboard Jeff! It's great to have you around! We have all heard and seen a lot about your awesome coin-op/soda pop machine collection and look forward to hearing/seeing more about it.

I am a Popperette owner as is Larry (AKA Mills 400). If you do end up with this Popperette or any other one and you need any assistance, let us know. Larry has a lot of experience with them and I know a thing or two about 'em as well. Good luck with the hunt!  biggrin

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 10:02:02 pm »

Well... I want to say I'm sorry for the smart remarks I made about your auction.
(the fork lift wasn't to you though and that did happen to me on a Stoner junior in Illinois veryangry... anyway Welcome. hope you stick around Moondawg and Memorylanes are great guys... all the regulars here are great and full of information... just a few of us have been burnt on ebay... and again sorry to blast you...and glad you spoke up.
You won't find a better site for this stuff and a more eager bunch to help with any question you may have on a coin-op... from gumballs to jukes and even arcades you got a question... you'll
get an answer.... I'm here almost everyday and am amazed at what this group stumbles on,
restores, or knows the answer to.

And to Jeff “nice” collection.... jawdrop got any extra Quikolds laying around..... cheap.... I mean after Christmas cheap :smile

Glad you guys signed in! Hope to hear from you both......

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 10:20:20 pm »

I have been sitting idle for a for days now gritting my teeth over whats been going on here. Trying not to jump in.
  Since this thread is becoming so long I feel compelled to add my 2 cents. I've met several guys from the group over the last few years at the Chicago Show. Matt, Brian B, Eric, Signguy, and Seven181. All top notch guys. I know Bubba(Ken), who lives nearby. And Jeff(Mr.Soda) is a close personal friend. I know Curtis(MemoryLane), and also Mark Gross. I have helped several guys with picking things up, buying, selling, and most importantly finding and fixing machines and parts.
   I feel we should always try to focus on the positive, especially in a public forum such as this. There is no need to blast anyone here, or jump to conclusions. This forum exists to help promote a hobby we all love. If we chose to share information that may be negative,whether it be supported by fact or just contrived, lets do it privately.
  That being said..... I'm going to stand up and apologize to everyone for everyone else and lay this issue to rest. Lets start the New Year off right.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 11:12:57 pm »

Tom,
Well said!!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 02:00:49 am »

Tom,
Well said!!
Yes - it was!
BUT...Curtis has never stated an apology and should. He started the whole slamming thing. If it were a close personal friend of mine who slammed somebody, I would be on his ass to apologize for what he said.
Curtis...I know you have seen the post?? Do what is right!
I agree... let's move on, but make it right.
Just me thoughts! - No offense to anybody!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 09:03:35 am »

Well let me jump in here, first of all, Mr Gross, told me in his email back to me, the reason he took his machine off of ebay was because he sold it local at an Antique shop. His quote

I pulled it (not that it's any of your @#$%in business to begin with ) is because I was offer the price that I was asking for it at a local antique shop. Which I stated in my discription.

Now that was his reason., fine, he has that wright. Jeff Wolf was the high bidder at the time he pulled it. Jeff is friends with Tom and Jeff said to me before the auction ends, Mr Gross, told Tom if the auction did not bring $4800.00 he was ending the auction. Now if Mr Gross sold the machine at a local antique shop, as he stated in his email to me. It's funny that he has been E-mailing Jeff, about buying this machine. First he told Jeff, he wanted $5000.00 then a later E-mai to jeff, His Quote to Jeff

( I need the money because I have another machine that a guy has been holding for me, and I'm worried I might loose it. I do have another popertt in my collection which will stay there of coarse, but I want to move this ASAP. Heres what I'll offer, It's yours for $4200.00. Like I stated in the discription the base is not perfect, but the top is as close to perfect as you'll ever see, without restoring it. You would have a very very difficult time finding a better one. If theres any interest please let me know! )
Regards Mark Gross
Never mind that Jeff was the high bidder on E-bay at a much lower bid. Now he has been emailing Jeff, sense the auction has ended. He might tell you guys one thing but his E-mails tell another. He might be a great guy and good for him for trying to get all he can get but this is the second time Jeff was the high bidder on a NEW IN THE BOX  Popper, and has had the auction ended when the guy did not get what he wanted, Whats the chances.
 Everyone here knows me and I have helped many of you guy out with questions about your machines, thats what we are all here for. Who is telling the truth here, I have nothing to hide. I just hate it when you think your going to get a good deal on ebay and you go back to check and the rug has been pulled out from under you. If I was wrong, I would be the first to say I'm sorry. Now keep in mind, he has been Emailing Jeff, sense the auction ended, about buying his machine, ( That He Sold At A Local Antique Shop )
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 09:24:40 am »

curtis is 100 % telling the truth, I was the high bidder on ebay and he took it off, then he emailed me and told me he would take 4200 for the machine, he said he needed the money to buy another machine some one was holding for him. I told him that i would fedex the money for the next day. After that he would not answer my emails. I have sent him 6 emails. This guy just likes to play games. everyone who know me, knows if i want a machine, and you are selling it, i will pay you the next day, no games.I have over 90 restored machines and never had any one dick me around like this   jeff wolf
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 09:31:28 am »

Off the subject a bit, but, Welcome aboard Jeff! It's great to have you around! We have all heard and seen a lot about your awesome coin-op/soda pop machine collection and look forward to hearing/seeing more about it.

I am a Popperette owner as is Larry (AKA Mills 400). If you do end up with this Popperette or any other one and you need any assistance, let us know. Larry has a lot of experience with them and I know a thing or two about 'em as well. Good luck with the hunt!  biggrin
  Thank you, I do not have one, but if anyone has a restored one for sale let me know. jeff
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 09:34:31 am »

Well... I want to say I'm sorry for the smart remarks I made about your auction.
(the fork lift wasn't to you though and that did happen to me on a Stoner junior in Illinois veryangry... anyway Welcome. hope you stick around Moondawg and Memorylanes are great guys... all the regulars here are great and full of information... just a few of us have been burnt on ebay... and again sorry to blast you...and glad you spoke up.
You won't find a better site for this stuff and a more eager bunch to help with any question you may have on a coin-op... from gumballs to jukes and even arcades you got a question... you'll
get an answer.... I'm here almost everyday and am amazed at what this group stumbles on,
restores, or knows the answer to.

And to Jeff “nice” collection.... jawdrop got any extra Quikolds laying around..... cheap.... I mean after Christmas cheap :smile Dont have any now, but if i come along one i will let you know, I am going to see a guy who is selling a bunch of stuff next week. I will also be going to barrett jackson in two weeks to bid on a very rare air scale made in 1928, only a few are know to exist. jeff

Glad you guys signed in! Hope to hear from you both......
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 10:16:54 am »

Haven't heard from Mark for over a week now  glare  Should we assume he has lost
interest and is not following this post?

Glen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: