SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 03:37:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette popcorn machine N.O.S.  (Read 32556 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: December 14, 2007, 10:23:56 am »

Well,

If your looking for something to add next to your favorite Coke machine, here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250196543961&Category=13733&_trksid=p3907.m29

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:53:55 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:39:58 am »

Popperette just jumped to the top of my wish list.   hopefull   Wow!

Glen
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:45:21 am »

I don't know how much he wants, but it's going to go for big bucks.
It appears he is going to take what he gets as there is no reserve on it!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:30:54 am »

Nope!  He reserves the right to end the auction.   He states "  I do have it presently at an antique shop on consignment. So I reserve the right to end the auction early."

You'd think Ebay wouldn't allow it.  I saw many items on Ebay stop their listings early by saying "the item is no longer available."  I lost an 81B that way.  Some guy, as the story went, found it in an old Rocky Mountain resort that closed in 1960.  It was mint!!!

Watch and see, I bet he pulls it if he doesn't get what he wants.  A high reserve cost the seller money.  Taking it off early does not.

A lot of stuff.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 11:48:46 am »

Watch and see, I bet he pulls it if he doesn't get what he wants.

He has to end it prior to 12 hours remaining or it can't be done.
eBay won't allow a seller to end an auction early if:
A: There are bids
and
B: Less than 12 hours to go.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »

I've had it happen to me before.  Sometimes Ebay doesn't abide by their own rules.  I had bids on many items and then "POOF" the next time I looked at the item there were no bids and a little note saying that the buyer ended the auction early.  I don't think it's fair, especially if you really want something and you are the highest bidder.  As we all know the real auction takes place in the last few minutes, but I don't think this item will last that long.

People always use excuses when they end their items early.  I've  heard many.  One of my favorites was that I accidently ran it over with the car.  I'm still waiting for my dog ate it.

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 12:50:56 pm »

Ending the auction early is really stupid, all the bidding occurs in the last few seconds of an auction anyway... especially for something really nice... I've had unique items go from $100's to THOUSANDS in a matter of 30 seconds at the end of an auction!... that's fun to see.

I'd love one of these too, but need to sell a few more of my Vendo 81's to be able to buy one...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 06:21:23 pm »

This guy is SCUM, Months ago, he pulled the same crap. A No reserve auction and Jeff Wolf was the high bidder then and he ended the auction, so Jeff, offered him $5000.00 for it and he said ok, Well Jeff went to send the money and he changed his mind, told Jeff, he wanted $5400.00 What a piece of SHI@% This guy is. Jeff, was the high bidder, when he pulled the auction this time. This is whit I sent him.
You are about as low as they come, E-bay should ban you for 6 months as a warning. This is the second time you have pulled this crap with this machine. NO RESERVE, BIG DEAL, I'LL JUST PULL IT AT THE LAST MIN. IF I DON"T GET WHAT I WANT. People like you give E-bay a bad name. You told to many people what you were up too. Word travels fast. Everyone's got your number!You will never see 5K Everyone at Chicago saw you and though it was over priced then. Give it up.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 09:06:28 pm »

Good for you! This guy seems like a clown! He stops the auction and says there is an error in the listing!!! BS. What a joke! Welcome to GREEDBAY!!!!!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 10:05:49 pm »

The guy Emailed me back, From Ebay, kind of went like this- You F@#$$^ this and you F#$@%^^ That, on and on. Must have learned that from his Mother. I should report the Email to Ebay. They don't like that. I guess the truth hurts. Oh well.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 10:21:43 pm »

Ha.. Hopefully he'll run over it with his car or put a fork lift through it...(I heard that one too)
Oh well... better for him to pull it than someone sending his the $$$ and not receive it!....
Just another seller to avoid... hope whoever wants one stumbles onto one for a song!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 07:57:39 am »

That's a cryin' shame. I talked to this guy at length about his Popperette and his U-Pop-It machines at the Chicago Show. Seemed like a nice enough guy. Again, what a shame!

Brian
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 08:00:02 am »

Well, I figured right, he yanked it.  I'm still waiting for my dog ate it as an excuse darn.

A lot of stuff.
Mark Gross
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 04:04:08 pm »

Hello To All
  I'm the so called scum, the person that was selling the poperett on Ebay a week ago! After the nice person at memorylane emailed me and said I was scum for ending my auction early and this was the third or forth time that I tryed pulling this crap, and on and on.... I emailed him back, explaining, that I have never ever offered a poperett before on Ebay. That it was another person that had one for sale a number a months ago. I told him to check the ebay user name on the auctions and that would clear it up.Well needless to say he wrote the little coment on sodamachines.com without doing as I said. so everyone could see! Well memorylanes person I think its a damn shame that you are able to write what you wrote about me and get away with it. I did absolutly nothing wrong. I stated in my ebay discripsion that I reserved the right to end it early because it was being offered at a local consignment shop. Someone asked me through ebay what I was asking for it, I told them, and they said they would take it! What the hell is wrong with that. The nice person from memorylanes also mention that I wrote him back and had a few choice words for him! Which was tue, but why didn't you mention everything else I said in my email. I didn't do anything wrong, and I think it's a shame that idiots like this guy can totally ignore all the facts and try to destory someones name and Rep. I have bought and sold Coin-op Machines for some 25 years. My ebay feedback is perfect after 8 years. Not one complaint of any kind. I really would like some feed back from you memorylanes. It seems to me that you have a big mouth with nothing much to say as far as facts are concerned.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 05:38:49 pm »

Bah...Humbug....to all!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2007, 07:13:09 pm »

It's amazing what happens when you only hear one side of the story then get to hear the other.

Brian
Mark Gross
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2007, 11:17:40 pm »

Hello Again!

I'm the person that memorylanes trashed, about my poperett machine. I would be greatful if anyone could tell me who this person is and how I could get a hold of him? I left him a email with my phone number on it so he could call, but got no response. One way or another, I want to know why he did what he did! There was no reason for it. He should be banded from a web sit like this, for making false statments against a person that he doesn't even know. What kills me, is that he's trying to make me look like some sort of crook and getting away with it at my exspense. Someone out there must know him! And I want to talk to him... He's a real class act. It just pisses me off everytime I read his coments, and everyone else chimming in and adding their two cents, when none of you know what the hell your even talking about. I listed my poperett only one time! Not three or four times, which the idiot at memorylanes said I did! Like I told him before he posted the nice little note about me on sodamachines.com, check my ebay user name and see how many times I have listed it. There was another person trying to sell a poperett about 2 or 3 months ago, and it was on 2 or 3 times. BUT IT WAS NOT ME. It was a different Ebayer, different person, different Ebay user I.D.  different location. need I go on. And this nice guy from memorylanes still went ahead and said that I was scum, a scammer, etc. I want to talk to this idiot and ask him why he did what he did, especially after I explained everything to him. Someone out there knows this clown and I want to know who he is! I would be greatful for any information!
Happy Holidays!
You too memorylanes scum, sounds like you could use all the friends you can get!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2007, 02:02:56 pm »

Merry Christmas to you too Mr Gross.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 09:54:29 pm by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
Mark Gross
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 03:15:15 pm »

Merry  censored Christmas day to you too Mr Gross.
Hello Mr. Monodawg. I'm sorry you feel that way! I'm wondering how you'd feel if someone did something like this to you? Web sites like this ( anyway I thought ) were to help people out, exchange knowledge and information. Not to smear people, call them names, and post statments that are false and untrue. It's really quite sad that a few of you choose to sit around and gossip like a bunch of old ladys.  Seems as thoe your a real class act just like Mr.Memorylanes. In stead of continually throwing dirt at me, do something constructive! Tell me what I did wrong in handling this ebay auction that evryone is so upset about. And before you do that read my other two entrys in sodamachines.com I can not believe that people like you are that narrow minded, and don't understand the situation ( and why it made me soo mad ) I guess it is a lot easier to throw dirt, than it is to admitt your wrong. Again a real classy response Mr. Moondawg.
Happy Holidays to All!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 03:55:40 pm »

Hello Mark

welcome to the site.. I see that you have a keen interest in coin op...
We all share the same passion.

We can't take back what has happened and I guess there are lessons to be learnt.
However, in the spirit of Goodwill (and I appreciate you feel there hasn't been much shown to you)
why don't you join us and share some of your knowledge. Lots of us have Jukes as well as soda machines.

What do you reckon??? Have a look back through the archive you'll see we are a real friendly lot. Only the other day we were speaking about attracting more people to the site.

So what do you say??? Come on board..

Dave (the first to admitt likes a bit of gossip)
Mark Gross
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2007, 10:25:25 pm »

Hello Mark

welcome to the site.. I see that you have a keen interest in coin op...
We all share the same passion.

We can't take back what has happened and I guess there are lessons to be learnt.
However, in the spirit of Goodwill (and I appreciate you feel there hasn't been much shown to you)
why don't you join us and share some of your knowledge. Lots of us have Jukes as well as soda machines.

What do you reckon??? Have a look back through the archive you'll see we are a real friendly lot. Only the other day we were speaking about attracting more people to the site.

So what do you say??? Come on board..

Dave (the first to admitt likes a bit of gossip)

Hello Dave

Thank You for the warm welcome! I do have a huge interest in coin-op machines, and have been collecting for almost 30 years. One of things that I enjoy most is meeting and talking with people, especially ones that share the same interest as I do. I have met a lot of very interesting, friendly and honest people through the years. I also like to think of myself that way. There is not one person out there that can say that I'm a terrible person to deal with, or I'm a shadey person, a crook , scum, whatever. I pride myself in treating people, the way I'd like them to treat me. No matter how many nice people are out there, unfortunately there are always going to be a few that wreck it for the majority. I realize that I've beat this issue pretty much to death, but it is a real difficult pill to swallow. The healthy thing is to let it go! which I will. but unless you've experienced something like this yourself, I don't think you can realize how hurtful it can feel. You have someone in one or two comments, try to destroy the two most important things in anyones life, your name and reputation. It hurts, and it is totally uncalled for!
Again Dave, I thank You for your warm welcome.
Hope you and your loved ones, have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Best Regards Mark Gross
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 02:30:03 am »

Mark,
I would like to second what Dave said and welcome you to the site. I am sure that this was all just a huge misunderstanding. I hope that it can be put behind us and that we all can benefit from your 25 years of knowledge in this hobby. Most of us here are more like family to each other and most of us haven't even met. Please stick around. We also love pictures. Please start a new topic and show off some of your collection. Have a happy New year.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 02:40:47 am »

Reading back through this post and concluding that this must be a case of
mistaken identity Mark. We all followed the Popperette that was offered for sale
a while ago and then pulled from us.  veryangry What's the chance of 2 mint NOS machines showing up so close together?  We assumed it was the same seller.
       But instead of introducing yourself as the victim........you blasted in the room with both
gun barrels blazing.  darn
       Well I'm sorry for any offense buddy, but now, like Dave says, we would be honored to have you as a member here.
       You have 30 years experience? I am 15 years into this and still learning from pioneers like you. Hope you can check in periodically and give us advice or share your latest finds.  And do you have any favorite photo's of any other prized machines you have owned?

Welcome friend !

I noticed Josh just published the same sentiments, but I'm adding my post anyways

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 03:51:18 am »

Hello Mark,
Regret things did not get off to a better start for you on this forum. Hope you stick around and enjoy the stories and cool coin op machines of all types shared here. Where are you located?

Great many folks on this board from all over the US and several overseas. Many of us travel quite a bit as well. If you are anywhere near Spokane, WA. diner is on me ASAP.
Creighton

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:53:30 am by Creighton » Logged
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 08:11:33 am »

Mark,

First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to SMC ! ! !

It's unfortunate the events that took place brought you here; I would rather you came under your own accord as so many before you have...

We can only assume this is a case of serious mistaken identity; however, with greedbay continuously producing more and more fraudulent sellers, one would have to agree that forewarning our members of possible rip-off artists is a concern of this membership.

I'm glad you took the time to stop in, clear the issue, and even extend warm wishes to our members! These personal traits are what has made this Site one of the better places to frequent regarding collectible/antique soda machines and related items. I think you'll soon realize this should you decide to put this behind and more forward...

And again, Welcome and hope your New Year is a prosperous one ! ! !

My six cents,

Jim

sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 01:56:13 pm »

Hello Mark,
First of all welcome aboard!! Please stick around and share your knowledge, experiences and collection with us. WOW! Just read through all the posts on the Popperette popcorn machine. Sorry you were slammed by Curtis of Memorylane here on the SMC site. He really is a nice guy and an asset to the coin op collectors. This site is a very useful tool to all of us. We all are usually pretty friendly and share parts, experiences and knowledge with each other. I have many good friends on this site but have only met a couple in person, but I still would do whatever I can to help these guys out. Stick around, you'll be glad you did.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:42:54 pm by sodaworks » Logged

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 07:33:50 pm »

Welcome Dave! I also had some choice words to say about your posting, but now understand that you had it for sale locally. I am just of the opinion that if an item is listed on Ebay with no reserve and their are bidders, the auction should run. I have been high bidder a few times, only to have the lister end the auction early. This seems unfair to me! That is why I call it Greedbay! Too many people showing up that are not fair with the process. I am sorry for any words I may have said about you as a person. I was more or less attacking the system of Greedbay. Welcome aboard and share some pics!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 08:08:31 pm »

We'll looks as if I missed the fireworks while away from the computer... glad to see that it appears matters have cleared.
Mark, I too have spoken to you via email about your popperette as I am about 2 hours from you... and looks that it was truely a case of mistaken identity. After going back and reading the posts again, I too agree with Seven181, that we just dont' like how "Some People" Not implying you, but some ebay sellers post a Great rare item on ebay with No reserve... WE ALL get EXCITED thinking OK here is our Shot at owning an incredible machine cause there is no Reserve!!! so we all talk about it here , get all riled up and kind of get our financials lined up to see how much the wife will let us spend!,  But then at the last minute, the auction closes for some reason and we all loose out on putting our final Gut checking bids in with 30 seconds to hammer time... that's what's gets us... This is why ebay has the reserve feature, and many don't use it because they don't want to pay the fees, well Ebay has to make money too, and even though many of us hate/love it, I have added several items to my collection I would NOT have found with out!.. so it's a catch 22.
Anyway.. just my two and a half cents.... Please stick around on the site... everyone here, Even Memorylane guy is a great guy and true asset to the hobby, and hopefully you two can work it out!
GIANT HUG!!!! biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 08:41:40 pm »

YOWEEEE, Glad that is over with!

Mark, I would like to welcome you to this site as well, and hope you will stick around and share your knowledge of vending machines, and chat now and then. Also if you have any photos of your machines we always like to see them!

and again, WELCOME!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:43:13 pm by Yarochrehc » Logged

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 09:45:13 am »

Hello Dave

Thank You for the warm welcome! I do have a huge interest in coin-op machines, and have been collecting for almost 30 years. One of things that I enjoy most is meeting and talking with people, especially ones that share the same interest as I do. I have met a lot of very interesting, friendly and honest people through the years. I also like to think of myself that way. There is not one person out there that can say that I'm a terrible person to deal with, or I'm a shadey person, a crook , scum, whatever. I pride myself in treating people, the way I'd like them to treat me. No matter how many nice people are out there, unfortunately there are always going to be a few that wreck it for the majority. I realize that I've beat this issue pretty much to death, but it is a real difficult pill to swallow. The healthy thing is to let it go! which I will. but unless you've experienced something like this yourself, I don't think you can realize how hurtful it can feel. You have someone in one or two comments, try to destroy the two most important things in anyones life, your name and reputation. It hurts, and it is totally uncalled for!
Again Dave, I thank You for your warm welcome.
Hope you and your loved ones, have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Best Regards Mark Gross
Ok mark, if you want to sell it , i will buy it for your offer of 4200.00.. let me know  jeff wolf   732-422-6866
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 08:26:14 am »

Off the subject a bit, but, Welcome aboard Jeff! It's great to have you around! We have all heard and seen a lot about your awesome coin-op/soda pop machine collection and look forward to hearing/seeing more about it.

I am a Popperette owner as is Larry (AKA Mills 400). If you do end up with this Popperette or any other one and you need any assistance, let us know. Larry has a lot of experience with them and I know a thing or two about 'em as well. Good luck with the hunt!  biggrin

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 10:02:02 pm »

Well... I want to say I'm sorry for the smart remarks I made about your auction.
(the fork lift wasn't to you though and that did happen to me on a Stoner junior in Illinois veryangry... anyway Welcome. hope you stick around Moondawg and Memorylanes are great guys... all the regulars here are great and full of information... just a few of us have been burnt on ebay... and again sorry to blast you...and glad you spoke up.
You won't find a better site for this stuff and a more eager bunch to help with any question you may have on a coin-op... from gumballs to jukes and even arcades you got a question... you'll
get an answer.... I'm here almost everyday and am amazed at what this group stumbles on,
restores, or knows the answer to.

And to Jeff “nice” collection.... jawdrop got any extra Quikolds laying around..... cheap.... I mean after Christmas cheap :smile

Glad you guys signed in! Hope to hear from you both......

Eric

WANTED:
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 10:20:20 pm »

I have been sitting idle for a for days now gritting my teeth over whats been going on here. Trying not to jump in.
  Since this thread is becoming so long I feel compelled to add my 2 cents. I've met several guys from the group over the last few years at the Chicago Show. Matt, Brian B, Eric, Signguy, and Seven181. All top notch guys. I know Bubba(Ken), who lives nearby. And Jeff(Mr.Soda) is a close personal friend. I know Curtis(MemoryLane), and also Mark Gross. I have helped several guys with picking things up, buying, selling, and most importantly finding and fixing machines and parts.
   I feel we should always try to focus on the positive, especially in a public forum such as this. There is no need to blast anyone here, or jump to conclusions. This forum exists to help promote a hobby we all love. If we chose to share information that may be negative,whether it be supported by fact or just contrived, lets do it privately.
  That being said..... I'm going to stand up and apologize to everyone for everyone else and lay this issue to rest. Lets start the New Year off right.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 11:12:57 pm »

Tom,
Well said!!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2007, 02:00:49 am »

Tom,
Well said!!
Yes - it was!
BUT...Curtis has never stated an apology and should. He started the whole slamming thing. If it were a close personal friend of mine who slammed somebody, I would be on his ass to apologize for what he said.
Curtis...I know you have seen the post?? Do what is right!
I agree... let's move on, but make it right.
Just me thoughts! - No offense to anybody!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 09:03:35 am »

Well let me jump in here, first of all, Mr Gross, told me in his email back to me, the reason he took his machine off of ebay was because he sold it local at an Antique shop. His quote

I pulled it (not that it's any of your @#$%in business to begin with ) is because I was offer the price that I was asking for it at a local antique shop. Which I stated in my discription.

Now that was his reason., fine, he has that wright. Jeff Wolf was the high bidder at the time he pulled it. Jeff is friends with Tom and Jeff said to me before the auction ends, Mr Gross, told Tom if the auction did not bring $4800.00 he was ending the auction. Now if Mr Gross sold the machine at a local antique shop, as he stated in his email to me. It's funny that he has been E-mailing Jeff, about buying this machine. First he told Jeff, he wanted $5000.00 then a later E-mai to jeff, His Quote to Jeff

( I need the money because I have another machine that a guy has been holding for me, and I'm worried I might loose it. I do have another popertt in my collection which will stay there of coarse, but I want to move this ASAP. Heres what I'll offer, It's yours for $4200.00. Like I stated in the discription the base is not perfect, but the top is as close to perfect as you'll ever see, without restoring it. You would have a very very difficult time finding a better one. If theres any interest please let me know! )
Regards Mark Gross
Never mind that Jeff was the high bidder on E-bay at a much lower bid. Now he has been emailing Jeff, sense the auction has ended. He might tell you guys one thing but his E-mails tell another. He might be a great guy and good for him for trying to get all he can get but this is the second time Jeff was the high bidder on a NEW IN THE BOX  Popper, and has had the auction ended when the guy did not get what he wanted, Whats the chances.
 Everyone here knows me and I have helped many of you guy out with questions about your machines, thats what we are all here for. Who is telling the truth here, I have nothing to hide. I just hate it when you think your going to get a good deal on ebay and you go back to check and the rug has been pulled out from under you. If I was wrong, I would be the first to say I'm sorry. Now keep in mind, he has been Emailing Jeff, sense the auction ended, about buying his machine, ( That He Sold At A Local Antique Shop )
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2007, 09:24:40 am »

curtis is 100 % telling the truth, I was the high bidder on ebay and he took it off, then he emailed me and told me he would take 4200 for the machine, he said he needed the money to buy another machine some one was holding for him. I told him that i would fedex the money for the next day. After that he would not answer my emails. I have sent him 6 emails. This guy just likes to play games. everyone who know me, knows if i want a machine, and you are selling it, i will pay you the next day, no games.I have over 90 restored machines and never had any one dick me around like this   jeff wolf
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2007, 09:31:28 am »

Off the subject a bit, but, Welcome aboard Jeff! It's great to have you around! We have all heard and seen a lot about your awesome coin-op/soda pop machine collection and look forward to hearing/seeing more about it.

I am a Popperette owner as is Larry (AKA Mills 400). If you do end up with this Popperette or any other one and you need any assistance, let us know. Larry has a lot of experience with them and I know a thing or two about 'em as well. Good luck with the hunt!  biggrin
  Thank you, I do not have one, but if anyone has a restored one for sale let me know. jeff
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2007, 09:34:31 am »

Well... I want to say I'm sorry for the smart remarks I made about your auction.
(the fork lift wasn't to you though and that did happen to me on a Stoner junior in Illinois veryangry... anyway Welcome. hope you stick around Moondawg and Memorylanes are great guys... all the regulars here are great and full of information... just a few of us have been burnt on ebay... and again sorry to blast you...and glad you spoke up.
You won't find a better site for this stuff and a more eager bunch to help with any question you may have on a coin-op... from gumballs to jukes and even arcades you got a question... you'll
get an answer.... I'm here almost everyday and am amazed at what this group stumbles on,
restores, or knows the answer to.

And to Jeff “nice” collection.... jawdrop got any extra Quikolds laying around..... cheap.... I mean after Christmas cheap :smile Dont have any now, but if i come along one i will let you know, I am going to see a guy who is selling a bunch of stuff next week. I will also be going to barrett jackson in two weeks to bid on a very rare air scale made in 1928, only a few are know to exist. jeff

Glad you guys signed in! Hope to hear from you both......
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2007, 10:16:54 am »

Haven't heard from Mark for over a week now  glare  Should we assume he has lost
interest and is not following this post?

Glen
mrsoda
25 Cent Member

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 10:50:25 am »

I have been sitting idle for a for days now gritting my teeth over whats been going on here. Trying not to jump in.
  Since this thread is becoming so long I feel compelled to add my 2 cents. I've met several guys from the group over the last few years at the Chicago Show. Matt, Brian B, Eric, Signguy, and Seven181. All top notch guys. I know Bubba(Ken), who lives nearby. And Jeff(Mr.Soda) is a close personal friend. I know Curtis(MemoryLane), and also Mark Gross. I have helped several guys with picking things up, buying, selling, and most importantly finding and fixing machines and parts.
   I feel we should always try to focus on the positive, especially in a public forum such as this. There is no need to blast anyone here, or jump to conclusions. This forum exists to help promote a hobby we all love. If we chose to share information that may be negative,whether it be supported by fact or just contrived, lets do it privately.
  That being said..... I'm going to stand up and apologize to everyone for everyone else and lay this issue to rest. Lets start the New Year off right.
  tom is a great guy, when ever you need help  with a machine he is always willing to help. He has helped me get a few rare things from shows and also helped me move many machines, as long as you feed him lots of  sushi
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2007, 11:20:10 am »

...as long as you feed him lots of sushi
Sounds like a man after my own heart!

I'm going to stand up and apologize to everyone for everyone else and lay this issue to rest. Lets start the New Year off right.
I second the vote now!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2007, 11:39:45 am »

I agree to drop the issue, BUT I just want to clarify that Kim, the owner of Custom Records, was the one who had the original two N.O.S. Popperettes for sale a few months ago.  He picked them up in Indiana. 

This guy must have bought them off of Kim.  Kim pulled the machines from the original auctions and told me that he sold both machines to someone in Minnesota.  I am ASSUMING these would be the same machines.  I have pictures of one machine and its serial number  was two numbers off of Mr. Gross's Popperete's number.  The odds of four N.O.S. machines with numbers which are that close are astronomical.  I asked Mr. Gross if he bought these from Kim, he said he did not.  He said that he bought them locally, six years ago.  I still find that hard to believe, but I really don't care.

The reason I'm throwing in my two cents is because the focus seems to be about this guy pulling the machines twice.  This is his first time that I can see that he stopped the auction.  Right or wrong you decide.  I personally don't appreciate anyone ending an auction early for any reason.  If it is already up for sale at a local store, don't put it on Ebay.

A lot of stuff.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2007, 03:07:55 pm »

Tom you bring up some good points! I have been burned by Greedbay a few times and this issues seems fishy. I made my apologie and I move on from here. I just hate to see someone (Jeff) with the highest bid and then have it pulled and then told he could buy it again??? Strange things are happening! By the way, if anyone ever finds me a VMC 88 or 149 Embossed 7up I will be forever grateful to you!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2007, 06:37:39 pm »

What a great group! just re-reading.... we stick together!
If you're a guest lurking on this site and sell on ebay....
Be honest stick and to the sale....
Everyone have a great New Years Eve!!!!!! happydrinkers
Come on Quikold 2008!!!!!! WHOOOO-HOOOO!!!!!!!  happydrinkers happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Mark Gross
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2008, 07:47:10 pm »

tom is a great guy, when ever you need help  with a machine he is always willing to help. He has helped me get a few rare things from shows and also helped me move many machines, as long as you feed him lots of  sushi
I agree to drop the issue, BUT I just want to clarify that Kim, the owner of Custom Records, was the one who had the original two N.O.S. Popperettes for sale a few months ago.  He picked them up in Indiana. 

This guy must have bought them off of Kim.  Kim pulled the machines from the original auctions and told me that he sold both machines to someone in Minnesota.  I am ASSUMING these would be the same machines.  I have pictures of one machine and its serial number  was two numbers

off of Mr. Gross's Popperete's number.  The odds of four N.O.S. machines with numbers which are that close are astronomical.  I asked Mr. Gross if he bought these from Kim, he said he did not.  He said that he bought them locally, six years ago.  I still find that hard to believe, but I really don't care.

The reason I'm throwing in my two cents is because the focus seems to be about this guy pulling the machines twice.  This is his first time that I can see that he stopped the auction.  Right or wrong you decide.  I personally don't appreciate anyone ending an auction early for any reason.  If it is already up for sale at a local store, don't put it on Ebay.

Hello Larry
   Seems as though you don't want to drop it. Still worried about where the machine came from? Find it hard to believe it wasn't a machine that was offer months ago by someone else? But like you said, "you really don't care"  Could of fooled me! Stir the pot a little more Larry. Oh, but thats right, you really don't care do you! What a joke. Why do pople like you, and others feel like they have to always stick there noses where it doesn't belong. And then come back with something like................. but I really don't care! Grow up! 
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2008, 10:22:38 pm »

Can't we all just get along?  biggrin

Brian
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2008, 11:58:30 pm »

+1 on that Brian.
Creighton
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up