SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 06:54:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More games  (Read 5705 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« on: November 25, 2007, 01:00:37 pm »

My basement is about to get smaller. I just got another 2 arcade games. I just picked up Donkey Kong and Tempest both in pretty good shape. Not as clean as my Robotron, but still very nice additions. I traded my VMC88 to get these, but I don't ever see when I am going to get to restore it, and I don't have a place to display it as is. Its been sitting in my garage not getting used unless I have a big party. I was sad to see it go, but I'm happy with the trade. I'll get some pics as soon as I get them downstairs.

In the meantime, I am looking for high score save kits for both. I found a fairly easy plug in kit for DK, but coming up with nothing for Tempest so far. Dr. Galaga.. any ideas?

Right now, my gameroom / kids playroom / movie theater / basement consists of:

Robotron
Time Pilot
Tempest
Donkey Kong
Double Play - Super Baseball / Home Run Derby
Skill Stop
Air Hockey
Popcorn machine
V63 Bottles
RC Cola Pam clock

Then there is a modded Xbox, Game Cube, N64, Wii, Dreamcast, and soon to be Intellivision.  I need more room (and more time)

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:41:37 pm »

What?  No pictures?  upside

Congrats on the DK and Tempest.  A buddy of mine gave me a Donkey Kong board, now I just need to find a cabinet for it!  I'm keeping an eye on an upgrade for Donkey Kong called D2K: Jumpman Returns. It adds 4 new levels.  There was an article in Gameroom Magazine last month about it.  My buddy has Double Donkey Kong in his.
Sorry, I have not seen anything for Tempest.  A few years ago someone was talking about making a Tempest/Tempest Tubes multi-kit, but I don't think that ever happened.

Pictures!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 04:15:09 pm »

I had to wait for my neighbor to get home to help my down the stairs...  biggrin

I think I am going to go with this kit for DK.. http://www.brasington.org/arcade/hs/dk/ pretty simple plug and play and it will work with my board. I saw the article on the DK2.. I couldn't tell if it was going to come to the public or if it was something the guy created for himself.

I think I still may be having a few issues with Tempest.. 2x it happened to me that it just reset itself mid game. Not too sure why. The guy I got them from said he'll swap the board for me if needed, so I'm not too worried.

Here are a few pics of my part of my setup. My Baseball game still needs some work, so its still in the garage. I had to move the slot machine out of the way for now until I find some more room.  upside Just need to figure out which toys the kids have outgrown so I can get rid of them  Cool

Apparently, I didn't get a shot of Tempest by itself. I'll get that soon..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 05:12:39 pm »

Thanks for the pics.

it just reset itself mid game. Not too sure why

I would check the voltage at the board.  If the monitor turns off too when it resets I would check the interlock switches in the back and in the coin door.  This past week I had to move the rear interlock switch closer to the back door in my Centipede because it was doing the same thing.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 06:17:08 pm »

Bubba,

I have a Double Donkey Kong in my Gameroom. The Game i have has a High Score Save kit,  Donkey Kong Jr. , Speed Chip. The rest of the games i have are Black Lagoon Pinball , Budweiser Tapper , Chicago Cubs Pinball , Fire Pinball and looking for a Ms. Pacman.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 11:06:47 pm »

Thats cool Matt. Is your Tapper a cocktail table? I want a Tapper. I almost had a Ms. Pac Man, but the guy got the DK ready first. I am waiting (hoping) for a Pac Man. Long story, but the ending is a neighbor has a Pac not working, and I am trying to get it. He also has a pin I want, but I dunno... I need some advice on this....

This girl that cuts my hair... she's in here early 20's... we were talking a few months ago, and she said her father has a Pac Man machine that doesn't work, and a pinball... I told her I wanted them, and for a few months, she said she would ask her father about them. In the beginning of Nov, she was moving to the midwest... I pushed her to talk to her father, and she finally did. They would call me when they got the machine dug out. She moved and no phone call. After a week and some research, I got the house phone number. I called, and got an answering machine.. I left a msg with who I was, where I lived, and what I wanted. Its been over a month, and I haven't gotten a phone call. I don't want to be a PITA or seem anxious, but I don't want to loose this. It around the corner from my house, but not enough where I can accidentally run into this guy.. I don't want to pester the guy either.. not sure what to do.... Suggestions?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 12:08:49 am »

Stop by . You can only be a PITA once !

Tell the guy exactly what you told us , And if he does still have them
then you can start work on him , maybe a trade  soda machine for these
two games ??  you never know.
Pat
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 07:58:50 am »

Its an Upright

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 10:25:28 pm »

Make a follow-up call and be very cordial. State who you are, what you were interested in, and that you wanted to make sure they got your message. Quite often kids erase messages, atleast around here they do.
   Polite But Persistent

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 06:42:04 am »

I am also afraid of sounding too anxious.. I don't want the guy to think he has gold or something and I am trying to steal it.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: