SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 02:26:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northwestern Gum Ball Machine  (Read 12284 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: November 03, 2007, 01:07:35 pm »

Hi Guys

this has come up in UK

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300167905766&Category=575&_trksid=p3907.m29

There are some parts that needed replacing so could put people off..

Does anyone have these bits or are they repro'd.??

Cheers

Dave
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 06:48:23 pm »

Dave...
 check with Roger at www.crowriver.com
he may have most or could tell you where to get the rest...
it is also missing the coin box inside... almost always are... my is Sad

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 07:35:33 am »

I would be willing to bet that Roger would have that part. He's always helped me out in a pinch.

Eric,
I can't remeber to well but are there usually a lot of gumball/peanut machines at the Chicago Show? I thought I saw some the past couple of times but I was never really interested in them then!

Brian
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:49:58 am »

I thought I saw some the past couple of times but I was never really interested in them then!

Tell me about it! I got 2 of these with a truckload of machines one time. Sold them at the swap meet for $10.00 ea   darn

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:34:02 pm »

BrianB.. yeah there are a couple guys set up outside Friday that deal mainly in candy/gumball machines... then there are a couple inside that sell parts and decals... These are my backup plan if a Quikold doesn't show  laugh gotta bring something home after such a long drive.....
Hey everyone going.... can we all meet for lunch Friday or early Friday evening?.....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 10:51:12 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 06:42:37 am »

Cool...

I'll actually be bailing out of Chicago around 11am to get back home in time for a concert that my wife got us tickets to. Thanks for the invite though!

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 03:47:03 pm »

Hi Guys

Anyone have any idea how much a Northwestern 49 sells for after Christmas... I have been offered the one in the first post for about $100.00 inlcuding postage. Its in the UK. It doesn't have a working lock and there are parts missing.

I have never been seen them before and have not been able t do any homework on them. I know the holiday season has stuck a premium on everything. I'm in no hurry. Its just that this one is in the UK.

Any advice always welcomed...

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 07:03:41 am »

Not sure of the after Christmas price in the UK, Dave. I did however pick up a Northwestern 49 at the Chicago show for fairly cheap. The guy that I bought it from lives in the same state as I do and has a fairly large inventory. I could ask him what he has in the way of 49's.

Not trying to rub it in but, the one I bought is 100% complete and an older restoration and I got it for $40. Like I said, let me know if you want me to ask.

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 09:22:19 am »

Hi Brian

if you could that would be great. I'm in no rush. In fact I'm happy to wait until I come over hopefully sometime in June. I want to get together a few bits early this time ready to have shipped to me wherever I go. The one this side is $100.00 incomplete. I'll pay upfront and just ask him to hold onto whatever he has.

Cheers

Dave
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 03:44:01 pm »

Brian please ask if he has a coin box... Mine, like most, is missing.....
Dave wait on another... these turn up quite a bit... buy and get one complete and if it's from
over here... send it to me or probably anyone on this site to hold if needed till you make your trip over...

Thanks Brian...
Eric

Eric

WANTED:
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 04:25:21 pm »

Eric/Brian

I'm going to pass on the one in the UK.
I want to get together three or four good quality gumball machines (whilst the dollar is so good against the £) for my room. I have until June. By that time I should have found what I'm after.

Thanks for the offer of looking after them I might just take you up on that.

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 06:43:32 am »

No problem guys. I'll see what he has in the way of 49's and 49 coin boxes.

Brian
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 10:07:59 am »

Hi Brian

well I didn't have much choice with the gumball machine. My wife has bought the one in the UK for me from the kids at Xmas..

So, instead of whole machines could you plse enquire about parts... Sorry to muck you about but I have to do as I am told....

Dave
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 02:06:15 pm »

Wasn't it a year or so ago Mrs Birdman scolded us for corrupting you and egging you on, and now she bought you a Northwestern?

I'd say you have a pretty wonderful Wife and Family.

And I'm sure  you'll get plenty of help  from us to get  the parts you need. 
 happydrinkers

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 05:53:13 pm »

It was indeed...

I think that she secretly sneeks into my room when I'm at work, plays my pinball and drinks my coke.
Whilst listening to the jukes..

Persistance pays off in the end..

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 08:28:42 am »

The 49 turned up yesterday...

It's in great condition...Having been professionally re-sprayed recently.

There are a few bits missing or well rusted. The bit with the springs on is in an awful condition.
The shute is also missing.

Eric - Have found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110202829405&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

He seems to have your cashbox... If it satys low I'd be happy to pay and have it shipped to you for your cashbox. If you could then ship on.

Dave
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 07:04:43 am »

Eric,

Here's an auction for a complete NW 49 Coin Box. http://cgi.ebay.com/Northwestern-49-Gumball-peanut-machine-coin-box_W0QQitemZ110207194429QQihZ001QQcategoryZ13733QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I haven't had a chance to get a hold of the fella I was telling you guys about. I will soon though.

Brian
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: