SMC Discussion Areas
May 07, 2024, 09:05:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Toy - Pinball.  (Read 7045 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 10:38:51 am »

Bird, bird, bird, bird is the word.  Sorry, 'bout that, but every time I see your name that pops in my head.  Check out my favorite site.  http://www.marvin3m.com/fix.htm  Look at the 1930 - 1978 E.M. repair guide.  Very good stuff!!  It is a bit overwhelming if you have no electrical background, but there is a ton of information there for you.  Section 1E explains switches, relays, steppers, etc.

I have restored a few EM games and 99 % of the problems were that the steppers were gummed up.  This causes major malfunctions.  The other problems would be that a switch is not closing when it should because the contacts are slightly bent and therefore not making contact either in a Normally closed or an energized Normally open contact(becoming closed while energized).  Pinball resource sells a switch  adjusting tool.  It's cheap and effective.  But avoid bending the stiff staionary contact.  Bend the one that's suppose to move.

Hope this helps.

Larry.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:52:12 am by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: