SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 03:07:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: U-Select-It help  (Read 2621 times)
davin72
10 Cent Member

« on: April 12, 2013, 08:52:20 am »

So im getting around to taking this thing apart to clean and paint but I can't figure out how to get the guts out of it. I got the knob and handle off but now there are 4 screws down at the bottom that are impossible to get to. Is there something else I need to do first. Im stumped at the moment.
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:47:02 am »

Nevermind.....Im an idiot. Those 4 screws dont have to come out but its still a bitch gutting the guts out when its rusted down at the bottom. This just may take a little time to wiggle it free. If anyone has done one of the round tops and has any easy tips on getting them out please let me know.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 11:28:03 am »

usually the hardest part to get out is the pin that holds in the selection knob... outside of getting those out and the handle and knob off it should slide out fairly easily.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:54:39 am »

I've done a couple and agree with John.. The pin is the hardest bit. Mine wouldn't come out and had to be drilled in the end.
davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »

It took me a little bit to see that there was an "L" bracket up in the front that had a small screw in it that I hadnt got out yet either. Got it off and it all came right out. I was able to get the roll pins out of the handle and knob pretty easy but it looks like its going to be a tuff one getting them back in later on. Now for a lot of cleaning and sandblasting. Cant wait to have her done and in the house.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: