SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 06:21:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diet Rite Selmix  (Read 3893 times)
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« on: August 19, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »

Hi, Guys i have a friend that wants to know the value and age of this dispenser. It is a Selmix. Has a small crack in the plastic to the right of the valve. Should it have a stand/mount/cup holder ? Or was this made to fit on a special counter ? Theres a sticker that says tested 11-19-63. Would that be when it was tested at the factory or on location? Any help would be appreciated.
 Thanks,Johnny

stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:10 am »

Johnny,
       1963 is the correct date for the dispenser. This style was prevelent in the early 60's
       Yes, there is a counter mount that connects to the two brackets on the bottom of the machine, this part includes the drip pan and grate.
       Threaded fitting on the bottom is the carbonated water inlet, other pipe is the ice bin drain.
       A similar condition Coke version would bring maybe $150 complete, with the missing parts and being trademarked diet rite maybe $50-$75
johnnyselman
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:58:23 pm »

Thanks Stuntpilot,  I wound up owning it.  I did find a couple places that had the same type in Dr Pepper and Hires Root Beer . They wanted what seemed to me ,crazy money.  If I can find a base I will turn it into some other brand. I like the odd ball stuff But Diet-Rite just don't have that ring to it! LOL!!
 If anyone has a base they would
 Thanks,Johnny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: