SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 06:52:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: scottsman ice maker missing the dispenser for sale  (Read 9625 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: March 23, 2011, 10:42:16 am »

I found a scottsman local and wanted to see if anyone wants it. It is in great condition but does not make ice. Its not missing anything though. Just thought I would let you all know in case someone is looking for one. It is in Orlando Fl and they want $150. Is that a good price?? I know nothing about them.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 11:11:50 am »

It's a nice looking machine! but too far for me, but if someone up Michigan way get's it, I repair Ice machines too...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:51:33 pm »

How hard is it to fix? If I could get it running I would want it. Are they expensive to run? is it noisy to run?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 02:20:11 pm »

Scotsman units are pretty straight forward, but it (as always) depends on what's wrong. & you can't tell by staring at it , they aren't anymore expensive to run than coke machine, but they run cycle/continuously until the bin is full, plus you'll need a fresh/potable water supply & a drain to handle the melt water from the bin & the dump-water from the ice maker portion...as they are more open by design, but I've never noticed them being any more noisy than a v63/V90.

If it's not making Ice, then you start with the usual suspects, refrigeration expansion valve, the water inlet valve & float. expansion valve. control board & limit switches, etc.

11 is louder than 10...
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »

It would be fun bit not practical. I will pass. I wish I could afford to start a soda fountain and an antique store in a 50's theme some day and then I will need one.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 09:14:10 pm »

You ought to open a soda shop...I've posted these before, quite a while ago..but here are some pictures of an old 50's soda & french-chocolate shop I went to as a kid in the 60's on the east side of Detroit...they have the building's retail entrance & front windows bricked up now, but they still make seasonal chocolate items, such as chocolate bunnies, chicks, marshmallow eggs, and coconut birds nests, etc.  for Easter baskets & confirmation gift crosses (chocolate of course!) in this shot it was around Easter then, about 4 years ago. My favorite seat was with my twin sister right across from the cash register, in fact some of the remaining nick-knack items seen in & above the display cases haven't moved an inch since I was about 6 years old...they also make hand made spumoni & pistachio Ice cream & assorted ices & gelato's from the old county recipes ..their retail outlet has long since moved to a more effluent neighborhood, ( due to the '68 Detroit riots) but they are still in business today...I know the owners son & I occasionally due some maintenance work on the line equipment..

Anyway, that's memory-lane for me...you ought to buy the service station, as I've seen that Florida real estate is at quite a low on the market..

11 is louder than 10...
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 09:14:37 pm »

more pics

11 is louder than 10...
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 07:28:14 am »

Great pics of the old Alinosi's shop, Johnie.  happydrinkers As an old East-sider, that really brings back some memories.  We used to go there occasionally when I was a kid.  Great spumoni and excellent chocolates.  A good friend of mine, Lisa Corbin, operates the Chocolate Bar Cafe on Mack Avenue near Eight Mile.  Lisa features Alinosi chocolates and ice creams.  Her specialty is cakes and cupcakes and they are great.  It is a neat little shop and has the look and feel of an old soda shop.  They even maintain an Alinosi memory book where all of the patrons can write about their trips to Alinosi's back in the day!

If you get to the far east side, check it out.

http://chocolatebar-cafe.com/

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!  Funny thing--I made my son a Root Beer Float last night with Stroh's Ice Cream and Faygo Root Beer with cane sugar!

drinking Tim drinking
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »

Josh,

Is the unit complete, as far as the refrigeration is concerned...?
How rusted is the unit along the bottom both inside and outside?

My six cents,

Jim

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 02:06:36 pm »

I sent them an email.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: