SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 02:06:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about my Dole Junior  (Read 5513 times)
gasmelincelr

« on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:14 pm »

I don't know much about the mechanicals of my dispenser. Maybe someone here can give me some answers. The stainless tank with the round opening lid, did you fill that with Coke Syrup? On the bottom of the whole interior is coiled tubing, was this refrigeration? Or did the carbonated water get pumped through this tubing and get ice cold due to the thing being filled with ice water? Was it a three part process, as in syrup, water, and carbon dioxide? Or was it supplied with carbonated water, and it mixed with the Syrup? Thanks for any info.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:26:44 pm »

Your right...The smaller tank held the syrup, the outer tank held the ice cooling the lines and syrup... and the
lines connected from the bottom pumping the carbonated water through mixing the two as it hit the glass...
I'd like to know if they cooled the carbon tanks under the bar some way..

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:25:20 am »

Eric,
     On alot of old fountains the carbonator tank was mounted in the cooler part of the unit with the motor and pump mounted below. This is much more efficient as the coils don't have to work as hard and you get better carbonated water. The colder the water the better the product.

These old ice cooled units are inefficient at cooling the water, they suffer from what's called ice bridging, that's when the ice around the coils melt and causes a void around the coils preventing it from touching the coils, you have to go in and tamp down the ice to maintain contact with the coils, this even happens when your not running product thru them. You also have problems when the drain clogs and you end up with a ice bin full of ice water. You need direct contact with ice to properly cool the water, if your bin is full of ice water the temp will rise close to 10 degrees.

Coke and Pepsi are starting to mount their carb tanks inside the ice bin's on the latest models, greatly improving the finished product. The closer you can get the carbonated water to 32 degrees the more bite you will have in the drink. It's kind of like pouring a warm 2 liter over ice, you have flat pop instantly.

Gas,
     Yes the tank contains the syrup, the float which is the long tube with the bell on the end regulates the flow to keep it even and provide air so the syrup will flow.  The amount of syrup is regulated by an orifice located at the bottom of the nozzle, this is just a flat disk with a hole in it. We had various sizes of orifices to choose from depending on the product dispensed. The nozzle is very important as it mixes the syrup with the water, the syrup drops strait down and hits the center of the nozzle forcing it into the water which flows around the outside of the nozzle. If you missing the nozzle you will end up with syrup at the bottom of the glass and water at the top forcing you to stir it.
     The carbonator is just a motor with a pump that forces water into the C02 under pressure, making carbonated water.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:35:36 am by stuntpilot » Logged
gasmelincelr

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:30:11 pm »

So where would my carbonator have been located? I do not see this float and bell you speak of. The syrup tank pivots rearward, the lock bar that holds the syrup tank in the up position looks to actuate a piston that goes into some mechanism under the syrup tank, do you know what that piston does? Does anyone sell a reproduction service manual for this dispenser? So the soda jerk would have periodically drained water out and refilled with more crushed ice as the day progressed? Thanks
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 05:08:50 am »

Gas,
  Can you post a picture of your unit. Show the inside and tilt the tank back.

The piston would move with the lever and allow the syrup to flow.

I think I was confusing it with a Dole Super or a Dole Deluxe. This unit could possibly not have a float as it's one of the earlier fountains.

The carbonator could have been remotely located anywhere, back room, basement, under the counter. There should be a drain somewhere in the ice bin, look below for a pipe coming out the bottom. The carb line would have been connected via a threaded fitting on the bottom.

Did you buy the one that was recently on e-bay?

You can try here for a repo manual,
http://americansodafountain.com/id4.html
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:42:28 am by stuntpilot » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: