SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 01:53:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornelius Diplomat Pre Mix Fountain  (Read 17122 times)
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 07:17:06 pm »

i don't think pitting will affect operation, unless the tube is perforatted through, which is unlikely. I'd just give it a good cleaning, like you propose, and make sure that you use soft water in the tank when you return it to use. Parts for these things are almost nonexistent ( as you've found), and you need to rely on donor machines... I've had some success getting Diplomat parts from used restaurant equipment places (try the Yellow Pages), and did source some tap parts about 10 years ago from a Coke service tech that I knew... you might try a Coke bottling plant near you and see if you can talk to one of the service guys to see if they have taps still laying around... good luck, and post some pics... i'm going to continue with my Diplomat this weekend, and will powst some progress pictures if I get enough done...

Chris

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 06:55:28 am »

Lurker,
     I'll bring this topic back to the top.

That tube with the black cap is the anode tube, all it does is attract the calcium and deposits to keep them from forming on the coils, it has nothing to do with the cooling operation. Being pitted won't affect anything.

The cooling coils are integrated into the side of the tank, you can see them imbedded beneath the white plastic covering, if you notice any holes or ballooned areas on the side of your tank most likely the coils are blown and you 've lost all your freon. In this case the entire tank needs to be replaced.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: