SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 08:59:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this worth $450?  (Read 13725 times)
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44:55 pm »

Thanks everyone - We just unloaded it. Good to know that if I ever have to transport it, I have a vehicle for the job.   Cool

I just took a series of pictures of it in the living room (temporary home) and I will work on uploading them to my website shortly.   

As to what I paid for it:   I have  a HUGE amount of respect for the veteran collectors/restorers on this site and I value their opinion highly.  I mean than sincerely.  Yes, I did go a bit above the prices I was given, but I factored in two things: 

1) I am on the East Coast, and there seems to be a bit of a pricing premium out here that is not necessarily present in the Midwest.
2) I am into this hobby because I really love these old machines, clearly not to make any money.

Maybe someday my boys will be contacting you all (or your children) on this site asking for assistance in selling Dad's old Coke machines...and by then maybe everything I overpaid by $100 or so today will be worth a whole lot more...or maybe not.   laugh   

Either way, I felt comfortable with the price I paid and I'm enjoying the heck out of building up my collection thanks to all the helpful advice and opinions I've received here on this site.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 06:15:39 am »

Those are some great pic's in the back!! Who knew Lincoln designers were Westy fans!! And say hi to Papelbon for us in the Red Sox nation, we miss him.... No, we REALLY miss him!!!!

Tim
jnapp18
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »

I am about to buy one myself just to get a few parts off of it. let me know if you need anything off of it before i flip it
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:31 am »

I am about to buy one myself just to get a few parts off of it. let me know if you need anything off of it before i flip it

Thanks Jack - sent you a PM.

-Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: