SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 12:17:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Found a multiplex today  (Read 14267 times)
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:56:12 am »

Not sure what pump your talking about.

If your talking about the carbonator I'll send you a link for a good e-bay one which would be the correct size or you could get it locally at an auction.

I'm not sure if I'm correct on the size of that fitting, it might not be 1/2" it is the same size as the regulator threads on the Co2 tank.
I think in the picture I posted that fitting could be 3/4" x 3/8 flare
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 04:05:59 am »

Here's the preferred carbonator to buy, bulletproof, high quality and will last a lifetime if not abused.

Don't buy this one as it's way overpriced, you should be able to find a decent used one for $150 but you have to be careful as they would need maintenence if they sat idle for too long or were left in freezing temps.
Let me look at the pics before you buy it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McCanns-Carbonator-w-Backflow-Preventer-115V-32oz-1-3HP-5-YEAR-WARRANTY-/400268343663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d31da396f
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:48 am »

Thanks for the carbonator info, I run across abandoned systems every now and then so I'll keep an eye out and try to pick one up.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »

Found a carbonator and didn't realize I carry the pump assemblies on my truck for glycol chillers on draft sytems. I did find that one of the dispensing valves is broken. Any help locating one would be welcome.
                                                               Thanks, Ken

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:15 am »

That looks like a nice Booth carbonator, it will work fine.

See the water pump on the front with the name Procon on it?  Make sure that plate is perfectly flat and not bulged out, if it's not flat it was frozen with water inside and probably won't work.

Also don't plug it in and run it without water you will destroy the graphite vanes inside the pump. I guess that you should know that if you work with them. biggrin

Remove the pump mounting strap and pull the pump to test the motor.

Many moons ago I had a new valve body, I'll have to check to see if I still have it, I doubt it though. I most likely left it at the Coke plant when I left the company.

I'm an electrician and were wiring a new brewery that has a large glycol chiller that's about the size of a small car. Interesting that your involved in that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:30:16 am by stuntpilot » Logged
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 05:08:32 am »

I had it hooked up to water to test and it pumps fine. I wanted to ensure tank and pump had no leaks .

I just completed installing the refrigeration for a new line at a local candy maker that included a chiller, it holds 200 gallons of glycol and of course it's on the roof.I added a spigot on the return line and pumped it in from below. They wanted to lift the barrels on the roof and pour it in.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print