SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 09:30:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are my drink options?  (Read 6176 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« on: January 06, 2012, 11:09:50 pm »

What options are there for setting up the fountain?
Can I have a tap with Reverse Osmosis water? Mixers [Club Soda, Tonic]? I assume most sodas are available [Ginger Ale, Diet Coke, DP, 7UP, Cherry Diet DP (wife's new fav).
What kind of maintenance do syrup dispensers require? We mostly drink water around here, so the water spout would be a definite bonus if feasible.
The other thing is my machine had a cold plate in the bottom of the ice bin with 4 inputs and 4 outputs. I have no idea which is which, but I'm guessing a blast of air or water will clue me in. You can see the top portion with the connections, but it is about 15" x 10" and 2" thick. Is there a similar item that I can purchase or am I stuck with cleaning this one up - it is pretty cruddy, sits crooked, feet are corroded away. Heavy little bugger.
Just wondering....gotta make sure the ice maker works first....hopefully in a week or two I'll have it reassembled and ready for a trial run.
As always.....thanks...uncharted territory for me!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 05:52:45 am »

We really can't call this a syrup dispenser as it's a pre-mix dispenser which dispenses finished product, as opposed to a syrup dispenser which mixes the two, syrup and water in your cup.
You can run about anything you want thru that machine if you have the syrup tanks available to put product in, with the exception of juices which would contain pulp.
Water you can just hook up your line to the cold plate and go.
Cold plates are usually set up with the fittings opposite each other, ie the outsides would be #1 and so forth until you get to the inside ones which would be #4  some are numbered.
The only maintence would be a once every 6 months or so sanitizing, pre-mix tends to get kind of foul as it ages. biggrin
If you do put this into use have someone replace the tubing, on a dispenser that's been out of use for that long needs fresh lines, plus you don't know the cleaning history, old lines can impart an interesting taste.

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:33:51 am »

Thanks - sorry for the misnomer on the dispenser.
Can I get new a cold plate somewhere? Are syrup tanks available?
Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I have absolutely no experience with dispensers. Once I get the ice machine up and running, I'll tackle the dispenser aspect of it all.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:22:26 am »

Just thought I might let you know so you didn't go out and buy syrup for it. biggrin

You can get all the things you need from this place online, cold plates, tubing, fittings and such.
http://www.sodadispenserdepot.com/index.html

The first link I gave you also sells 5 gallon syrup tanks or go to e-bay, they are always available there.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:14:05 pm »

Tom,
Pretty sure you should be able to get Pre mix from your local Coke Distrubuter... I know that we can still get them from ours here if you rent a unit for a party or something... alot of places have switched over to syrup dispensers and just buy the "Bag in a Box" of syrup.. but pretty sure premix is still available...

if you can't find it , I have some older premix tanks that might work... not sure if the seals are good though?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 05:03:20 pm »

Thanks John!
First order of business (for me) is to get the ice maker part working. I can add the dispenser stuff later after I see what it will cost to get it functional among other issues. A RO water spigot would be a definate - other choices are still unknown (maybe just water). I don't drink much soda anymore (1-2 a week), the kids don't drink any soda and the wife has 2-3 a day (but she wants to eliminate soda altogether). Water is the house drink king here - well that and beer!  biggrin

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »

Looks like one water tap and 3 beer get's it covered :-)
Creighton
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:17:13 pm by Creighton » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:10:37 pm »

Looks like one water tap and 3 beer get it covered :-)

biggrin   That's an awesome kegorator you've got there Tom!   biggrin

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: