SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:45:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Running an older syrup dispenser?  (Read 11813 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 12:54:58 am »

My guess on that would be that the old cup machines would not have been placed in low traffic areas and therefore would have had to be serviced every couple of days.  That would have likely included cleaning and refilling.

drinking Tim drinking
Like at a break room at a large company or something like that? That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know about these machines. I think I will wait on a syrup dispenser for now because I might be able to get a gas pump which right now sounds like a lot of fun to play around with.
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 03:59:10 pm »

Scalebowler,
   Running a fountain is actually quite easy and alot cheaper than buying cans or bottles.

I've been running a fountain in my house for close to 25 years, the key is to buy the right unit, one that's self refrigerated so you don't need ice.
  The unit you posted on the other thread, the Multiplex tower is really not made for home use as you would need a cold plate and ice to properly cool the product, along with several other items to pump the syrup.

Here's the unit I use, it was aquired from a small DQ in southern Nebraska, I traded it for a refurbed 5 valve unit I bought from a Burger King which was upgrading their equipment.
  It's a Reed-Victor 4 valve counter unit with all the equipment located on top of the machine, carbonator, compressor and all the fans to run them.
  Works a well as the day it was built. You just can't find equipment that will last a lifetime anymore.

If you need some assistance setting up a fountain fell free to send me a message.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: