SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 08:34:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7 up vendo 56  (Read 9449 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:58 pm »

I will take her apart and restore it to the origunal condition.

Not so fast our new friend. That is one heck of a nice machine even with the dent on the side. The can stack and shelves inside it are worth what you paid for the whole machine.
    It can be re-conditioned somewhat, (cleaning up some rust and touching up scratches)
but restoring it will definately turn you upside down as far as value is concerned.
    Take advice from guys that have been there..."restore roundtop machines but just recondition squaretops". If it ain't broke don't fix it..you got a good deal,so keep it a good deal!

Glen
choice120
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 09:00:29 pm »

sounds good moondawg. any recomendations on cleaning her up also should I clean up the compressor. I love it have not seen one like her. I do need the pull tab bucket. Even the drip tray is with this machine. I will adhere to your advice my friend. Any ideas on the value guys.
choice120
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:06:24 pm »

If it works and is all there I would say $300 is a good deal and $200 is a fantastic deal. These little machines are really nice especially with the 7up 3D sign and the can stack. Be advised that it does have a can stack and it will only vend cans. Bottles will not vend out of this machine.

Is it possible to set this machine up for bottles too?
Pat Pixley
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 10:22:23 pm »

What's your plan for the machine, is it going to be a keeper  or a flip,
if a flip like Glen said just a cleaning  new fan motor's and T stat
to insure you don't get a phone call a week or two later from  the person                       you sold it to is now screaming in your ear about the fan or T stat not working.

IF a keeper use it for a year or two then plan on restoring it.
  ( to make sure you still want to keep it)
 Right now the market is soft in the soda machine arena but I think
when it gets hard again these little Sq tops are going to be the next big thing.
They work great for rec room  or man caves and if they look nice and are clean
the wife will let them in the house  hopefull and they do tend to get attached
 to them biggrin.

And you did great for $250 it a good looking machine .
choice120
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:53:08 pm »

Its a keeper. I may flip the choice vend 120  I have. I just got everything working on it. I would like to get another 56 in coke colors or restorable roundtop.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 11:08:29 pm »

Nice machine... A 7up st was my first machine....
Keep watching Craigslist... these little ST seem to pop up quite a bit....
Love the sign on this machine... You did good!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:23 pm »

The machine is now set up for cans with a can stack and shelves. It can be changed to bottles by finding a bottle stack and shelves but the machine can only be one or the other. It cannot do both. The can stacks are more scarce so finding someone that wants to trade you should be pretty easy. As small as these machines are I suggest you find another 56 coke machine that vends bottles and use both. That way you have the best of both worlds.

As for your restoration you should do what you want with it. If the paint is scratched and beet up you could always just do a cheep repaint. If you are not looking for perfection you could mostly disassemble the machine and take it to your local Maaco and have them respray it. It wont be a professional restored machine but it will look better than it did when it was beet up and it won't cost you much. I have done this for customers on a budget. It didn't look great but it sure didn't look bad. And to your benefit it is hard to see imperfections on a white paint job. Just my two cents.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: