SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:14:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Venda-Pak travel AIDS vending machine (photos)  (Read 4682 times)
MrDoobie
« on: January 25, 2009, 01:07:04 pm »

I have a Venda-Pak vending machine. I've been searching and searching for any information about the "Venda-Pak" machines and have found very little. I found a link to this web site where an individual had a "Venda-Pak" machine however it was a bit different... smaller (it appears) and vends different product.

I've included several photos of the machine I have, and was surprised to find out how much of the original product was still inside. I've included photos of the product as well.

The height of the machine (including legs) is 54.5", the width is 16", and the depth is 10.5" (approximate).

The condition of the machine is in disrepair, however it appears to be complete (aside from a few small easily replaceable nuts and bolts).

The coin mechanism reads "HEATH SALES CO MACON GA." and has been partially taken apart. A few of the bolts are missing, however I held it together and it seemed to work just fine... the small bolts could be found at my local hardware store all the springs appear to be intact and functional.

The glass display front is broken in two places but all the glass is there (also easily replaceable). The lock from the machine is still intact (not broken) but was removed and could probably be re-keyed.

The top lip of the upper front (which is removable) appears to have been bent to remove the front to gain access to the inside but is not terribly distorted (as you can see in the photos). I did not bend this... the machine is in the same condition as it was when I acquired it.

The lower front part where the coin mechanism is attached has been riveted on the sides through original holes, which were probably originally bolted closed so that it could be removed during maintenance, the rivets could be easily drilled out and replaced with the proper bolts (nuts on the inside to keep others out).

There are scratches and wear spots in various areas but only superficial and I imagine it could be restored nicely.

On the inside are the three columns with a surprising amount of product... on top of the products in each column are heavy bent steel to keep the product sliding down as it was dispensed. One of these pieces of steel is a stamp that reads "18GA CQL 3 12 70 C Pittsburg Works United States Steel". Above each column is a small strip of masking tape with writing on each, "SHOE SHINE", "TOWELS", and "SHAMPOO" to help the individual restocking the machine to place the proper product in the proper column.

The products are from a company tm called "ONE T1ME" and are SHOE SHINE, MOIST TOWELETTE, and LIQUID SHAMPOO. Surprisingly, the products appear to be useable aside from the shampoo which looks as if the liquid got the best of the packaging over time and evaporated but not from all of them. Even so, I wouldn't use them myself. They might be great to keep with the machine though for whomever desired to restore it. By the look of the design, the products appear to be "70's" style.

On the inside left of the machine (facing it) are two "dymo-type" strips of tape that have been punched out to read "DONALD AND CLARICE" and below it "SAVAGE", my guess is that they were previous owners.

I'm thinking that this machine was probably kept in a motel and mostly used by traveling business-reps.

If you are interested in this machine or have any other information about "Venda-Pak" machines, please let me know. I would be interested in selling or possibly trading this machine. I live north of Seattle, Washington.

I have other photos of the machine but was only allowed to post 4 here. If you would like to see more, let me know.

MrDoobie  Cool
MrDoobie
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 01:09:47 pm »

Here are the other photos I have...

MrDoobie  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: